Buffalo: The city players want come to

When asked why he chose the Bills ahead of his other suitors, Anderson pointed to Buffalo being a “nice, small, blue-collar town.’’

“The fans are great. When I was waiting at the airport I had fans coming up to me, a lot of fans with Buffalo Bills hats,” Anderson said. “A lot of them came up to me and asked about my free agent visit. I thought that was amazing that they keep up with everything that goes on around the league with this organization. I just love the whole college atmosphere and I feel that it’s what you need. You need that type of support in order to be successful in this league.” Mark Anderson

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1061119157

Got a love it. All the Bills needed was that marque, cornerstone free agent in Mario Williams. Singing Mario and having Mario lend credibility to what Buffalo is and what is has to offer is now having a positive / closing (so to speak) effect on Free Agents who would not have even visited Buffalo. Good job Bills on landing Mark Anderson!

Reggie White did the same for Green Bay, folks. The corner is beginning to turn.

I love our front four. Anderson should start. Mario, Kyle, Marcell and Anderson looking at an offensive line. Who do you block? Who do you double team? Linebackers on this team must be foaming at the mouth with all the free looks and shots they may be getting at QB and backfields.

This is awesome. I just hope Ralph has a few bucks left to sign some runners!

:thumbsup:

Seriously, you knew (or at least I knew) all the negative talk about Buffalo as an NFL destination would disappear as soon as it started being run like they were actually trying. It's a shame Ralph pissed away the last 10 years(or at least the entire post-Donohoe era up to this point) trying to fake being serious. Players will play anywhere if they think they have a chance to win.

It has nothing to do with the hotels and night clubs.

This is awesome. I just hope Ralph has a few bucks left to sign some runners!

Seriously, you knew (or at least I knew) all the negative talk about Buffalo as an NFL destination would disappear as soon as it started being run like they were actually trying. It's a shame Ralph pissed away the last 10 years(or at least the entire post-Donohoe era up to this point) trying to fake being serious. Players will play anywhere if they think they have a chance to win.

It has nothing to do with the hotels and night clubs.

Got a love it. All the Bills needed was that marque, cornerstone free agent in Mario Williams. Singing Mario and having Mario lend credibility to what Buffalo is and what is has to offer is now having a positive / closing (so to speak) effect on Free Agents who would not have even visited Buffalo. Good job Bills on landing Mark Anderson!

Thank you to every Buffalo bill who was/is part of this revolution. Merriman has been a recruiter. Stevie J has been a recruiter. Jim Kelly Kyle Williams. Mario Williams. Burnett. All of em. And thanks Buddy for encouraging them to do so.

Let's not get crazy quite yet. The fact is we made Mario the highest paid player in the league on D and we gave Mark one hell of a contract. Once we start getting players to come here below their value, then you can say that it's a place that players want to come. Otherwise, I kind of think that the money gets them interested, then they realize it's no where near as bad a place as they thought, and then they come. I would say that right now we're a place that players don't mind coming to anymore (which is still more than can be said of the last 10 years or so).