Artis Hicks...WTF????

IDBillzFan

Anyone watching last night's game see the play where Iggles guard Artis Hicks stood in his position during the entire play? The defensive end ran right past him and plastered Blake, and Hicks NEVER left his position until the end was on top of Blake.

If you saw the replay, it was obvious this guy just does not deserve to be playing this game. He wasn't daydreaming. He wasn't zoned out. He simply did not want to play. One of the most bizarre and lame non-plays I've ever seen.

Anyone watching last night's game see the play where Iggles guard Artis Hicks stood in his position during the entire play?  The defensive end ran right past him and plastered Blake, and Hicks NEVER left his position until the end was on top of Blake.

If you saw the replay, it was obvious this guy just does not deserve to be playing this game. He wasn't daydreaming. He wasn't zoned out. He simply did not want to play. One of the most bizarre and lame non-plays I've ever seen.

181870[/snapback]

Single mose embarrassing non-play in the last five years? :o

That was really bizarre, and downright dangerous. (Go ahead, get a running start and take one free whack at our QB from the blind side!)

All I could think of is that he must have been 100% sure the snap count was later and the play must be whistled down due to a false start by his teammates. Even so, you don't let a DE run unimpeded at your QB, even if the play is dead. Either that, or he was having a spiritual epiphany of the level that might make him spontaneously retire. Or he should have been brought into the lockerroom immediately for neurological (or psychological) tests.

Bih-zarre....

I think, at very least, he might not be active for the next game, to send a message to his teammates.

That was really bizarre, and downright dangerous.  (Go ahead, get a running start and take one free whack at our QB from the blind side!) 

All I could think of is that he must have been 100% sure the snap count was later and the play must be whistled down due to a false start by his teammates.  Even so, you don't let a DE run unimpeded at your QB, even if the play is dead.  Either that, or he was having a spiritual epiphany of the level that might make him spontaneously retire.  Or he should have been brought into the lockerroom immediately for neurological (or psychological) tests.

Bih-zarre....

I think, at very least, he might not be active for the next game, to send a message to his teammates.

181898[/snapback]

He probably was told by Reggie and God that he should take that play off!

Reminded me of the play at the Ralph in '95 or so when the Jests started rookie Everett McIver at left tackle. McIver was a converted D-lineman and had no business on the O-line that day, particularly since lined up across from him was a guy named Bruce Smith.

The stojan hit the fan when McIver flinched just before the ball was snapped. Bruce blew past him and absolutely HAMMERED Boomer Esiason, who, being a lefty, had a nice clear view of Bruce bearing down on him. Bruce and Boomer flew through the air for about five yards before Boomer's head landed with a sickening thud on the Ralph's hard carpet. He didn't move for about ten minutes. I think he still has no memory of the ensuing six weeks.