[closed]Vincent Jackson ='s Bad Contract

Booger

How can you justify paying Jackson 10 mil or so a year for a WR that is 29 years old, never had over 70 Receptions in a season and has only been over 1000 yards 3 times in his career? He is about to be 30 years old. This would be a terrible deal for Buffalo in that San Diego had Phillip Rivers throwing to Jackson throughout his career, we have Fitz. I believe 10 million a year could be spent better between 2 or 3 younger players (including a WR).

His production goes beyond just receptions. But I somewhat agree. It's risky. But 10mill a year wouldn't be bad. I would prefer to give him around 8.5-9.5.

Not saying you but we had Bills fans that didn't want to pay Stevie 8.5 mill per year....and he is only 25! And only has 2 real years under his belt.... its too much...and we aren't that close to be a title contending team to over pay for a wr on the decline

How can you justify paying Jackson 10 mil or so a year for a WR that is 29 years old, never had over 70 Receptions in a season and has only been over 1000 yards 3 times in his career? He is about to be 30 years old. This would be a terrible deal for Buffalo in that San Diego had Phillip Rivers throwing to Jackson throughout his career, we have Fitz. I believe 10 million a year could be spent better between 2 or 3 younger players (including a WR).

Agreed completely

I guess I can see ur point. However, remember that on the Bills passing attack, all we have is stevie. If Fitz had an alternate option as good as Antonio Gates, stevie wouldnt have as good a numbers either. Again I totally see where ur coming from, But i think in this case looking soley at #s doesnt paint the whole picture. V Jax would be an excellent addition to our Bills, and an excellent compliment to Stevie IMO.

lol..Jackson isn't good enough for the bills now? LMAO. ok. Mario Williams isn't worth the money; Jackson isn't worth the money; Peyton isn't worth the picks; that's right, no one's worth it for buffalo..lets just continue doing what we're doing since it's working so well. :rolleyes:

also, VJ just TURNED 29 in January and is still in the prime of his career. Is Andre Johnson an "elite" receiver? He's been in the league two more years than VJ and only has 2 more 1000 seasons (johnson has 5 and VJ has 3).

but ya, you're right, the bills don't need a 6'5 red zone threat...those kinds of players are definitely not worth it.

Edited by bobobonators

I would have preferred Bowe over Jackson but would be thrilled if we get him. I think we are going strong on D in FA and draft. When Jackson and Donald Jones were healthy we had a very good offense. The D really has to get better and we are a playoff team.