The Quick Fix For The Defense

As unlikely as it is that we would sign M. Williams, it would be interesting to see how hard we go after him, ESPECIALLY if Miami signs Manning. I mean, Williams was selected #1 overall specifically because the Texans had to face #18 twice a year. Now with Buffalo possible having to face both Manning AND Brady twice a year each, he has to be a top priority for the Bills. THROW THE BOAT AT THIS GUY!!! At least at the end of the day you can say that you tried. I think we actually may need him the most of any other team if this Manning to Miami goes through....

I agree with your post but if we did throw a boatload of money at him that would just leave enough money left over to sign draft picks.

You have to listen to Buddy at these pressers. He said he would not reach for a DE at 10 in the draft.

Maybe Williams is the DE we may target. Buddy also said we will spent to the cap this year and if they do land Williams that would certainly be the case :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I lay here in bed, between Kate & Faith, I will go on record and say as long as we get Mario Williams in FA, we can draft the best player on our board regardless of position and the we'll be OK. WR or OT might be the way to go there and then focus on the defense after that.

Now, back to the ladies - bye!

:nana:

Somebody Else will give Mario some ridiculous 100 mill contract. Our starting LDE will be Chris Kelsay. My bet is we let the injury prone Bell walk and draft a LT in round one. This is a weak DE class so some of these DE's that are projected to go in the first half of round one will likely slip into the later picks of round 1 and the first half of round 2.