March Movies: John Carter, Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans, The Lora

Mark Vader

With all the Hunger Games stuff I'm seeing, it makes me wonder if Arnold shows up in the end and kills everyone. Either that or maybe they can have him be an announcer who is forced to come out of retirement, only to be killed by the main character.

Yeah, Running Man Two...

John Carter is a huge flop. Disney expects to lose $200M. :o

Too bad. "John Carter" was a good movie, it wasn't just mindless action scenes. Unfortunately people just do not give a movie that has an actual story a chance.

Didnt get past that first interview, eh?

:P

:D

Actually, I don't know anyone there personally (or professionally) so I shouldn't tell tales out of school. I've just heard lots of horror stories for years about the guy who called the shots on the film. On the other hand I hear despite the horrible box office performance, the movie itself ain't so bad.

I just won't go see it. And I loved the book.

Saw "The Hunger Games" this weekend.

Overall, a good movie. Jennifer Lawrence is very good and is becoming a rising star and also a premiere actor.

The movie takes on a serious tone with very few lighthearted moments, and some good turns by Stanley Tucci & Woody Harrellson.

The shaky camera used to help tone down the violence is effective but after awhile becomes overdone and distracting. Also I would have liked to have seen a little more reaction and interaction from the outside world while the games are going on, instead of just focusing solely on the two main characters.

Still, I was satisfied with the final product and I am interested in seeing what the next story has to offer.

• 5 weeks later...

Saw "The Hunger Games" this weekend.

Overall, a good movie. Jennifer Lawrence is very good and is becoming a rising star and also a premiere actor.

The movie takes on a serious tone with very few lighthearted moments, and some good turns by Stanley Tucci & Woody Harrellson.

The shaky camera used to help tone down the violence is effective but after awhile becomes overdone and distracting. Also I would have liked to have seen a little more reaction and interaction from the outside world while the games are going on, instead of just focusing solely on the two main characters.

Still, I was satisfied with the final product and I am interested in seeing what the next story has to offer.

Finally got around to seeing this movie last week. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see how the next movies turn out! Yes, the shaky camera was making me a little sick. They could have just used it during the fighting scenes and left it out of the rest of the movie.

I have a new crush...Liam Hemsworth. Those eyes... :wub: