McGee restructures

Erik

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that. This deal he gets $300K upfront as opposed to $0. As much of his pay has been moved to incentives, the Bills do noy have an incentive to cut him prior to first game..his guarantee now is much lower. I think both sides could see a scenario where if he was just slightly dinged last cut down day..Bills would prolly say adios based on the week one guarantee for vets..then McGee would be really screwed.

Think with his recent history this is a good for both sides, and really accounts for the rules in the CBA

If that's accurate it sounds reasonable.

He's started only nine (9) games over the last two years, and he is 31.

I can't see him making ot through an entire season, and I don't know that he ever has.

http://www.nfl.com/player/terrencemcgee/2505520/profile

Terrence was still hitting hard till the injury. I was on the side of lose him and save money. I am delighted with this news. Great move on both parties. He can still be a major asset or he can get hurt again and we suffer little.

Of course McGee has been one hell of a football player for us over the years. I want him to finish out with us and respected also.

Go Bills

I think our need for CB just slipped down a bit, so I lowered our positional need to P4 at DraftTek.

A simulation from DraftTek using these new positional needs, plus analysts' grabs and lockouts, gives us a choice of Mercilus and Upshaw at #10. Coples went to Miami at #8. Bills take their DE first, OLB second, and OT third:

1 Courtney Upshaw DE43 Alabama

2 Ronnell Lewis OLB43 Oklahoma

3 Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

4 Brian Linthicum TE Michigan State

4 Chris Givens WRF Wake Forest

5 Ryan Steed CB Furman

5 James-Michael Johnson ILB Nevada

6 Jacory Harris QB Miami

7 Julian Miller DE43 West Virginia

Some really good talent there. Lewis is the sideline to sideline guy Nix talks about, and Ryan Steed is a decent later round CB. Best late pick is James-Michael Johnson who would be solid backup.

Jacory Harris? Really? Is he even worth drafting?