Free Speech

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I have a real problem with someone falsely claiming to be a veteran or grossly embellishing their service record for their own.personal advantage or gain.

Too many brave and honorable people have sacrificed so much to allow some douchebags to falsely identify themselves as such without performing the service to the country nor the personal sacrifice.

http://news.yahoo.com/high-court-examines-lying-military-exploits-193627547.html

People claiming war hero status shouldn't be a crime no matter how disgusting it is

Unless they're using such a false claim for some sort of material gain.

Which is already illegal - it's called "fraud". Merely saying "I have a Bronze Star." Not fraud. Saying "I have a Bronze Star" and getting an extra 20% off the early bird special at Denny's because of it: Fraud.

I disagree. I have a real problem with someone falsely claiming to be a veteran or grossly embellishing their service record for their own.personal advantage or gain.

Too many brave and honorable people have sacrificed so much to allow some douchebags to falsely identify themselves as such without performing the service to the country nor the personal sacrifice.

And I have a real problem with arrogant !@#$s believing that what THEY have a problem with should be illegal simply because they have a problem with it, and then proceed to justify their self-righteous blather with "It's for the troops!"

But I don't think there should be a law against that, either.

Unless they're using such a false claim for some sort of material gain.

Which is already illegal - it's called "fraud". Merely saying "I have a Bronze Star." Not fraud. Saying "I have a Bronze Star" and getting an extra 20% off the early bird special at Denny's because of it: Fraud.

And I have a real problem with arrogant !@#$s believing that what THEY have a problem with should be illegal simply because they have a problem with it, and then proceed to justify their self-righteous blather with "It's for the troops!"

But I don't think there should be a law against that, either.

And I have a problem with ignorant self absorbed pricks. I am more pro military than 95% of this board.

Reread what I said. In no way did I make any type of all encompassing blanket statement how all these morons who claim false service are criminals. Douchebags yes criminals probably not. But I very clearly said anyone who lies for their own gain or advantage should be held accountable for their false claims.

And I have a problem with ignorant self absorbed pricks. I am more pro military than 95% of this board.

Reread what I said. In no way did I make any type of all encompassing blanket statement how all these morons who claim false service are criminals. Douchebags yes criminals probably not. But I very clearly said anyone who lies for their own gain or advantage should be held accountable for their false claims.

Tom's an ignorant self absorbed prick? Newsflash!

what does this even mean???

Of course I am. And the reason is I want more wars.

See!

Should all vets get free health care for life?

This is the worst argument ever I feel dumber for having read your words and trying to understand

Your logic.

If you feel "dumber," then society is a better place now, because you need to feel how you are. Dumb people, like you, need to understand they are inferior.