Merriman, Shawne please explain the CAP to me please

95altima12

I know that part. Was asking about the poster saying Merriman is moving to DE.

Thats basically what he played as the 4th guy on the line, hand in dirt, through the first games of the season leading up to his injury.

The difference between a rush-34OLB and 43DE, assignment-wise, is negligible. A lof of rush-34OLBs play DE in college.

If we keep him on the team (and we should at least through camp), it would make much more sense for him to play 43DE than 43OLB.

Edited by DrDareustein

he will be lining up as a pass rushing DE and our only one on the team right now. uh oh! But hopefully for longer than training camp and pre season. If he is healthy he has some run stop skills too. he should be a wait and see imo.

I guess you forgot about Kelsey? :unsure:

Unless I've missed something he is still on the team.

How do you know this? Did I miss something?

I think Dave W was quoted as saying Merriman, Shawne could play at DE with hand on the ground and had better run stop skills than some realized. i could be wrong thats just how i filed the info because i wondered how the switch to 4-3 would affect S M! it could have been Chan. But i think they are going to bring him back as an end this season if all goes well with rehab!?

I guess you forgot about Kelsey? :unsure:

Unless I've missed something he is still on the team.

Um i do not not consider Kelsay a pass rusher so much. Maybe i should. I consider him one to seal the edge. But i do think he plays best with his hand down and will be much happier/succesful back at his old position of DE!

Edited by 3rdand12