Tackling the "we need a LT" myth

D2K

Sure...could work. However, I submit this: players who want to play for "winners" are more likely to go to a team with a QB who gives them a chance to win. This makes you more competitive in free agency and able to plug holes quicker. An elite QB is he most important brick to a foundation of winning. I have never heard that description when speaking of Fitz.

Great analysis.

Looks like a good QB but I'm not sure about his size. If he is going to run in the nfl he looks a bit thin to me not to mention on the short size for today's NFL QB. Newton and Big Ben can take hits all day due to their size. I don't think RG3 is made for that kind of pounding. He is an effective passer and I believe that he can run but QBs that small will pay the price if they try to do it too often in between the hashes. I'm sure he would be a smart guy and learn to slide or run out of bounds which could still make him very effective.

Edited by PDaDdy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, there isnt a single intelligent idea on BBMB.

Second, who are you?

Not one person on BBMB has ever "shot me down", no idea what you are talking about? Again, that board is completely lowest common denominator.

Wow. With your disdain for the board why do you post here? Obviously nobody on here can teach you a thing about football and you obviously aren't concerned with sharing in discussions on this board. Is this just a vehicle to express your frustration and spit venom? Some use it as such but it brings nothing to the table of benefit.

Looks like a good QB but I'm not sure about his size. If he is going to run in the nfl he looks a bit thin to me not to mention on the short size for today's NFL QB. Newton and Big Ben can take hits all day due to their size. I don't think RG3 is made for that kind of pounding. He is an effective passer and I believe that he can run but QBs that small will pay the price if they try to do it too often in between the hashes. I'm sure he would be a smart guy and learn to slide or run out of bounds which could still make him very effective.

I don't think I'd take him and expect him to run except when the pocket breaks down. All reports state he has a cannon arm, can make every throw with accuracy and has a commanding presence in the huddle. That's the kind of guy I want. I think Fitz has a number of fantastic qualities, but making every throw and consistently accurate beyond 20 yards are not two of them. If they were, I would not even enter into this debate.

Wow. With your disdain for the board why do you post here? Obviously nobody on here can teach you a thing about football and you obviously aren't concerned with sharing in discussions on this board. Is this just a vehicle to express your frustration and spit venom? Some use it as such but it brings nothing to the table of benefit.

I have ZERO disdain for this board, dont know where you got that at? How do I not share in discussions on this board? My very first thread topic is now 11 pages long, I have also contributed my opinions to quite a few other discussions on this board.

It took me 3 days of being on this board to realize what kind of poster you are. You try your hardest to bait other posters into assinine arguments in which you have zero credibility (based on the posts I have read of yours). Its quite comical, and your lack of knowledge seeps through my computer screen. So until you make a valid point, or a thought provoking post, dont expect me to acknowledge your existance.

I like this board and most seem knowledgable, its you though dude, that contributes nothing but venom and misinformation. Keep up the good work (sorry, I just threw up a little).

I have ZERO disdain for this board, dont know where you got that at? How do I not share in discussions on this board? My very first thread topic is now 11 pages long, I have also contributed my opinions to quite a few other discussions on this board.

It took me 3 days of being on this board to realize what kind of poster you are. You try your hardest to bait other posters into assinine arguments in which you have zero credibility (based on the posts I have read of yours). Its quite comical, and your lack of knowledge seeps through my computer screen. So until you make a valid point, or a thought provoking post, dont expect me to acknowledge your existance.

I like this board and most seem knowledgable, its you though dude, that contributes nothing but venom and misinformation. Keep up the good work (sorry, I just threw up a little).

NFN, but In your first post you came out stating that because Eli Manning has the most QB pressures on him he plays behind the worst O line in the NFL. Then you state because the Bills line allowed some of the fewest sacks they have one of the best O lines, and the Bills QB is the problem.

Even after I, and others gave clear evidence to you that the stats don't always tell the true story. Evidence that showed that Eli has some of the best O linemen in the league, that the Bills have some of the worst O linemen in the league, that the Bills QB isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be. You still hold to the beliefs that stats must be the word of god.

I can understand that you feel the need to defend your post, but to blindly stand behind statements that are clearly more then moronic shows what type of person the fans in this forum will need to deal with. You don't like Fitz, we get it. NFL stats put out by pro football focus and other sites are the word of god to you, and you can't be shown any different. Moron is a pretty harsh word, but someone who states that an article isn't any good because it was a few months old is a moron in my view.

In my first post in this thread I welcomed you. I take that welcome back I feel sorry for someone that can't get over their player hate long enough to open their mind to what the truth is. You won't even take the word of an NFL player over your own thinking.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, thank you for clarifying what that is so I can avoid entering into other discussions with you.

I don't think I'd take him and expect him to run except when the pocket breaks down. All reports state he has a cannon arm, can make every throw with accuracy and has a commanding presence in the huddle. That's the kind of guy I want. I think Fitz has a number of fantastic qualities, but making every throw and consistently accurate beyond 20 yards are not two of them. If they were, I would not even enter into this debate.

The only problem I see is that a rookie in Gailey's offense would struggle. Gailey requires a quick decision making QB who gets the ball out EXTREMELY quickly while being able to direct his protections up front. I would honestly fear for RG3 with the current state of our offense. I'm only entertaining the conversation hypothetically as there is absolutely no real world way that we can draft him. He won't drop and we can't trade away near our entire draft to gamble on a QB with SO many other huge needs.

Ah..my apologies. Upon further review you were referring to BBMB the old forum you posted on and left. Looks like you're off to a great start hear and are already apparently taking the same approach to many of us who have been here for years. The only constant is you. Maybe it's time to consider your approach not the forum. Just sayin'.

NFN, but In your first post you came out stating that because Eli Manning has the most QB pressures on him he plays behind the worst O line in the NFL. Then you state because the Bills line allowed some of the fewest sacks they have one of the best O lines, and the Bills QB is the problem.

Even after I, and others gave clear evidence to you that the stats don't always tell the true story. Evidence that showed that Eli has some of the best O linemen in the league, that the Bills have some of the worst O linemen in the league, that the Bills QB isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be. You still hold to the beliefs that stats must be the word of god.

I can understand that you feel the need to defend your post, but to blindly stand behind statements that are clearly more then moronic shows what type of person the fans in this forum will need to deal with. You don't like Fitz, we get it. NFL stats put out by pro football focus and other sites are the word of god to you, and you can't be shown any different. Moron is a pretty harsh word, but someone who states that an article isn't any good because it was a few months old is a moron in my view.

In my first post in this thread I welcomed you. I take that welcome back I feel sorry for someone that can't get over their player hate long enough to open their mind to what the truth is. You won't even take the word of an NFL player over your own thinking.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, thank you for clarifying what that is so I can avoid entering into other discussions with you.

:thumbsup:

Bwah, really? You and others gave clear evidence of what? How did you prove ANYTHING with any point that you made? The Giants have "some of the best Olineman in the league? Really? who? Which of the Bills starting lineman is considered one of the worst in the league?

Its ok, I get it now. Your name is "fear the beard" and clearly shows your bias. Somehow its the fault of 5 players on the oline that finished at the top of the league in almost EVERY statistical category, and not that of the QB who was and always has been a bottom feeder in every statisitical measure? Thats not logical thinking by any sense of the imagination. You think for one second that I care what your opinion of me is, when you take the stance that I jsut pointed out boldly and accurately? Keep thinking that I will lose a single wink of sleep because "fear the beard" wont engage in debate with me.

You havent proven a single thing to me, and I can tell that you probably NEVER will. You want to throw around words like "moron" yet take the stance that Fitz is somehow some magical player, that comes into his own, while on his 3rd team in 7 years, and a statistical bottom feeder, who has only won 6 games in one season as a starter. A guy who has 68 tds for his career and 63 ints with 32 career fumbles (15 lost), giving him a TO margin of 68 tds/78 total TO's. A guy who avg's 188.6 yards a game, on 35.6 attempts, whos career completion % is 59.2 and an astounding 5.5 ypa. This is the guy that you think is a "franchise QB"? What planet do you live on? Yeah, Im the moron.

Furthermore, when someone refers to an article that was written in the first week of November, that is as laughable as I can even think. When comparing what happens over the course of a season, you dont cherry pick an article from November especially when the debate is happeining in February of the following year. Completely laughable and will NEVER hold valididty with me. That article proves absolutely NOTHING.

Edited by D2K

The length of the thread you start is completely irrelevant to the quality of the post(s).

The length of the thread you start is completely irrelevant to the quality of the post(s).

Which of my posts lacked quality and was off-base? Should say something that the thread has over 200 replies and is 11 pages long. Only the tebow thread had more action.