Tannehill...

Just comparing this year's QB crop to last year's…

Excluding the "consensus" top two QBs last year (Newton and Gabbert), Jake Locker went at #8 and Christian Ponder went at #12… both of those guys went higher than expected.

With his height, athleticism, howitzer arm, and relative inexperience as a quarterback, Tannehill probably bears the greatest resemblance to Colin Kaepernick.

But Tannehill compares favorable to Kaepernick in that he doesn't have the hitch in his delivery and he also played at a higher level of competition.

Based on that plus the increased willingness for teams to take a risk on a QB in the upper first round, Tannehill will go in the first round whether he should or not.

If he is there at 10 I say we take him. Let's face it we aren't going anywhere until we get a QB. And I say pick a QB in the first round until we get it right. We can get a pass rusher in the second. I think Tannehill is the real deal and will fit nicey in Chan's offense. He played in a Pro style offense for 4 years. Even if he wasn't the QB he was a WR in the same offense.

Just comparing this year's QB crop to last year's…

Excluding the "consensus" top two QBs last year (Newton and Gabbert), Jake Locker went at #8 and Christian Ponder went at #12… both of those guys went higher than expected.

With his height, athleticism, howitzer arm, and relative inexperience as a quarterback, Tannehill probably bears the greatest resemblance to Colin Kaepernick.

But Tannehill compares favorable to Kaepernick in that he doesn't have the hitch in his delivery and he also played at a higher level of competition.

Based on that plus the increased willingness for teams to take a risk on a QB in the upper first round, Tannehill will go in the first round whether he should or not.

I think a lot of those guys went early because there were no FAs to pick up. This year there will be Matt Flynn and Manning. Yall know I love T-hill but his arm isn't at Kapercicks level but I like the comparison anyway. Other QBs I would be comfortable with would be Weedon, Coleman and Osweiler. I really think we have shot at T-hill at ten but just don't think Nix pulls the trigger as he thinks Fitz can win, so we should try to get an LT and some better WR/TEs for him. Maybe Fitz should go hang with Brees and Rodgers and see how they got their noodle arms up to par and any other tips to play better.

I think a lot of those guys went early because there were no FAs to pick up. This year there will be Matt Flynn and Manning. Yall know I love T-hill but his arm isn't at Kapercicks level but I like the comparison anyway. Other QBs I would be comfortable with would be Weedon, Coleman and Osweiler. I really think we have shot at T-hill at ten but just don't think Nix pulls the trigger as he thinks Fitz can win, so we should try to get an LT and some better WR/TEs for him. Maybe Fitz should go hang with Brees and Rodgers and see how they got their noodle arms up to par and any other tips to play better.

If T-hill hangs out until the second round do we trade our second and a fourth to the Colts to get him? I would.... Especially if he hangs out that long, because we would already have another need taken care of and our QB of the future. Yes he won't step in and play right away but he will be learning the offense and play our Wildcat QB so Smith can concentrate strictly on WR. I think it would be an all-around win for us and the colts. Plus Fitz needs someone to push him right now he has no competition at all and a sixth or seventh rounder won't scare him...

Edited by NastyMan

If T-hill hangs out until the second round do we trade our second and a fourth to the Colts to get him? I would.... Especially if he hangs out that long, because we would already have another need taken care of and our QB of the future. Yes he won't step in and play right away but he will be learning the offense and play our Wildcat QB so Smith can concentrate strictly on WR. I think it would be an all-around win for us and the colts. Plus Fitz needs someone to push him right now he has no competition at all and a sixth or seventh rounder won't scare him...

Hell yeah!

Against the better teams he faced he was not good. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Texas, he stunk up the joint against them all, and made many mistakes. His best games were against Baylor and Mizzou. Neither of those teams have any highly rated players on their defenses. He would be a waste of a pick if it was before the 4th and if you were expecting anything more than a backup. He's not a franchise QB, period. I've watched numerous college QB's over the years and I don't think see anything special. Watched 5 or so games of his this year and for every good throw there is usually a bonehead play not to far after. I can remember seeing passes that should've been picks that were dropped, which you can say about any QB, but he had 15 that were. The hype machine, that is the sports media, will make him out to more than he is and he will be drafted higher than he should. As long as it is not by us I could care less.