I miss Howard Simon and the Simoncast more

envirojeff

I'm on vacation this week and just turned on WGR. Simon does the morning 6-10am show with Jeremy White. They are speaking of all the possible AFC playoff scenerio's, involving the Bills.

Wow. Those Dixie Chicks in your avatar sure let themselves go... ;)

Well, Im going up on Wends and staying through the 4th. I'm looking forward to hearing him. Had the foresight to get Buf/Pitts tickets in October.... Everyone thopught I was nuts, now everyone wants to buy them from me. 8 rows up on the 20 - Bills side!

Jeff

Well, Im going up on Wends and staying through the 4th. I'm looking forward to hearing him. Had the foresight to get Buf/Pitts tickets in October.... Everyone thopught I was nuts, now everyone wants to buy them from me. 8 rows up on the 20 - Bills side!

Jeff

180318[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to hearing Simon on the radio too. It sucks not having his postgame show on Empire anymore, they really missed the boat on cancelling that with the way this season has turned out. I'm sure there would be a lot of people tuning in to watch it and that means a lot of ad revenue. Oh well, Empire has seen it's better days.

Good Luck with your trip Jeff, I'm leaving out of OIA on Friday and staying till next Wednesday. I just hope it isn't to busy there next week after hearing about the problems that they had over Christmas.

I'm looking forward to hearing Simon on the radio too. It sucks not having his postgame show on Empire anymore, they really missed the boat on cancelling that with the way this season has turned out. I'm sure there would be a lot of people tuning in to watch it and that means a lot of ad revenue. Oh well, Empire has seen it's better days.

Good Luck with your trip Jeff, I'm leaving out of OIA on Friday and staying till next Wednesday. I just hope it isn't to busy there next week after hearing about the problems that they had over Christmas.

180322[/snapback]

Are you going to the game? There's about 10 of us going - lets hook up and tailgate together!

Jeff

Are you going to the game? There's about 10 of us going - lets hook up and tailgate together!

Jeff

180326[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm going. I bought tickets for this game towards the end of the preseason. At the time, I figured it would be nice to go up and visit family around the holidays. Now that I look at it, the heck with the family, I can't wait till Sunday for the game!!!! I have tickets in section 312, row 31 I think. Do you know where you are going to be tailgating? I usually park with a bunch of friends right at the corner of Drive 2 and Community Drive in the Corolla lot. I've been parking there since 1991. I had season's until 1996 when I moved down here. I would like to get together with some of the TBD'ers to party before the game. Let me know where you're going to be.

The thing which has had me thinking about Howard recently was that I'm pretty sure that his pre-season prediction was for the team to go 10-6 and probably make the playoffs with that record. Ironically, this prediction seems likely to be right on target as far as results, but since even he had given up hope when the team was 0-4 or 1-5 the result has been achieved in a way that no one imagined. I'm sure he acknowledges this reality but since I don't run across the morning show I regret not hearing his cut on these events.

Yeah, I'm going. I bought tickets for this game towards the end of the preseason. At the time, I figured it would be nice to go up and visit family around the holidays. Now that I look at it, the heck with the family, I can't wait till Sunday for the game!!!!  I have tickets in section 312, row 31 I think. Do you know where you are going to be tailgating? I usually park with a bunch of friends right at the corner of Drive 2 and Community Drive in the Corolla lot. I've been parking there since 1991. I had season's until 1996 when I moved down here. I would like to get together with some of the TBD'ers to party before the game. Let me know where you're going to be.

180372[/snapback]

I'm not sure where I'm going to be. What we will do is party then wonder around. I'll try to get to that area and ask for Flomoe.

Jeff

I'm not sure where I'm going to be. What we will do is party then wonder around. I'll try to get to that area and ask for Flomoe.

Jeff

180386[/snapback]

Just ask for Flo. There will probably be roughly 10 or so of us. We always park there because the Mens room, aka, the trees, are roughly 30 feet away. We park along the Community Drive side right on that corner or in a couple of spaces. There is a large dumpster usually in the corner. Hope to see you there.

Right behind me!

Section 312 row 30  :blink:

180426[/snapback]

I'm not sure of the seat numbers detox but I think we're in the high 20's and have 4 together. Possibly 29-32 but I can't remember off hand. I'm looking forward to this, it's driving me crazy thinking that I have to work all week and then fly out on Friday. I want to get there now and start partying!!

I'm not sure of the seat numbers detox but I think we're in the high 20's and have 4 together. Possibly 29-32 but I can't remember off hand. I'm looking forward to this, it's driving me crazy thinking that I have to work all week and then fly out on Friday. I want to get there now and start partying!!

180484[/snapback]

If that's true, you'll be right behind me. I'll be the one with the beernoculars. :blink: (thanks to stevetojan for bringing those to my attention) My season tickets are seats 29,30,31. Those are at the very end of the bench. BTW, remember to go UP the stairs to the heated bathrooms.

The thing which has had me thinking about Howard recently was that I'm pretty sure that his pre-season prediction was for the team to go 10-6 and probably make the playoffs with that record.  Ironically, this prediction seems likely to be right on target as far as results, but since even he had given up hope when the team was 0-4 or 1-5 the result has been achieved in a way that no one imagined.  I'm sure he acknowledges this reality but since I don't run across the morning show I regret not hearing his cut on these events.

180382[/snapback]

Yup - he predicted 10-6 and a wildcard. When he spoke to the Booster Club right after the Baltimore game, he made a joke out of it - "hey, I thought they'd be 10-6, so I obviously know NOTHING about football...."

Plus with no hockey having the sports package on DirectTV has been somewhat useless now that Howard is gone.

180353[/snapback]

Yup, that's why I cancelled it a month or so ago. Still get NFL net, just no Empire. Without hockey it's the same ESR four times a day plus infomercials. Hell, even with hockey it always just says "call 1800blahblahblah to order center ice."

not worth it.