1st Generation iPod Nano Owners

ajzepp

Just wanted to let y'all know that I got my new Nano today. Thanks for the tip!!

I got my shipping notice on Wed and expect it to arrive via FedEx today...this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen a company do. Apple took a HUGE hit by replacing these, since the number they rec'd back was far more than they expected. I am thrilled with how well they have taken care of us with this :thumbsup:

I have an orig iPod that somebody at worked 86'd... Every once in a while it comes to life with a sad face... Looks like it has been through the war! Think they will replace it? Who knows what is on it?

Is it a nano?

I do not think so. I know you said Mano... But what better way to get my anti-Apple butt inboard with the i-Tunes establishment and revenue stream.

-Posted from my Kindle Fire on 3/16/12 @ 1225

lol

I do not think so. I know you said Mano... But what better way to get my anti-Apple butt inboard with the i-Tunes establishment and revenue stream.

-Posted from my Kindle Fire on 3/16/12 @ 1225

Yeah, this is kind of like a loss leader for them. And even then, it's not that big a one because these things probably cost $15-20 to make, tops.

And then they get people in the habit of using and buying on i-tunes.

The online form wouldn't work for me, I'm wondering if it's because I used another Apple ID back then (can't remember it, but I think it was tied to my old email address.) I wonder if I take it into an Apple store if they'll be able to do anything for me.

If you have a first gen Nano, I'd definitely either go in there or call them up...totally worth it.

Good deal, Captain...I don't knwo if you've seen the new ones, but they're way cool. It's very small, but has more capacity than the 1st gen, has a nice interface, and even an FM radio built in. I am very impressed with it so far...

Good deal, Captain...I don't knwo if you've seen the new ones, but they're way cool. It's very small, but has more capacity than the 1st gen, has a nice interface, and even an FM radio built in. I am very impressed with it so far...

It's not bad, I got one with the replacement program. Problem is the battery life for the radio sucks. I have a 3 year old Sansa I've used everyday at work for the radio that still last the whole day on half a charge. The Nano i can't even get 5 hours brand new.

It's not bad, I got one with the replacement program. Problem is the battery life for the radio sucks. I have a 3 year old Sansa I've used everyday at work for the radio that still last the whole day on half a charge. The Nano i can't even get 5 hours brand new.

Do you know if it gets AM radio? I only played with it a short time last night but all I saw was FM. I think my local sports talk station is on FM now, as well as AM, but would be nice to have both bands.

I don't think it does AM.

Bummer...would have been nice but no biggie.

I did the online request. Got my new iPod a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty sweet!

I can't wait to hook up my ZO2 to this thing...amzing how good music can sound with such small portable gear :thumbsup:

I sent them a non-working 1st Gen Nano and it wasn't the battery. They sent me a new Nano, probably a refurb, cuz no packaging whatsoever or instructions, but hey, it's free and works great!

Nice! They come with a 90 day warranty, so that's all we need really. Most electronics will break down in the first month or two if they're going to crap the bed at all. I can't get over how small this little guy is!