Does anyone think the Colts defense...

SDS

The implications of a particular outcome will likely be clear to all NFL players and for some players a desire to face a particular opponent probably will make a marginal difference to some particular player whether he stretches an extra inch for a pass or gives up his body completely on a particular play.

However, I think it is the height of conspiracy thinking and sillness to think that a team in terms of direction from the HC or their shared thinking is going to throw a particular game to create some particular outcome.

The concept that Indy is going to work for an outcome of their game that will get them a game against the Broncs rather than a game against the Bills simply strikes me as silly.

I think this is true for a number of reasons:

1. The problem with most athletes is actually that their egos and assessment of themselves and their play is overblown. My sense is that the Colts will be fairly certain that they can handle and will beat either the Broncos or the Bills so losing to create a desired outcome will make no sense to them.

2. The successful athlete is competitive and when the game starts they will psychotically work to beat the other team.

3. Momentum and confidence are huge parts of this game and the idea that any coach is going to tell his team to lose or take actions to lose which will be perceived by the players as the coach lacking confidence in them is silly.

While I do doubt that the Indy players will risk injury to win this game since they know it is not a must-win for them, I think the idea that the players can turn the effort off and on at will to create particular outcomes does not strike me as realistic.

While I do doubt that the Indy players will risk injury to win this game since they know it is not a must-win for them, I think the idea that the players can turn the effort off and on at will to create particular outcomes does not strike me as realistic.

179451[/snapback]

my point is that not wanting to face them again in a week will make them play harder.