The Liklihood of a 3rd Candidate

B-Large

Newt comes with his own baggage both part of the congressional record, but also some personal garbage that must make his a tough guy to get behind for conservatives.

Romney- I still can't see how Mittens gets the nod when he personally signed a healthcare bill that was the blueprint for the controversial PPACA that Obama and the Democratic Congress jammed through- I just don't get the feeling he is a candidate that most TP'ers or Conservartives in general would be super enthused about..

RP-- Conservatives don't like his foreighn policy, but he does espouse alot of the more conservative priciples that are held so dear.... I'd like to see more of him in the picture, when he speaks, it makes sense to me.... most of it, but I will probably never embrace all the conservative agenda items.

Santorum- I get the feeling he has blown his load, and does nto appears to to have the "umph" or financial strength to get a boost... I assume he will be nudged out of the race soon...

So what are the chances that another candidate is not even on the scene yet, or that a Ross Perot 1rd party guy might gain some traction and make a splash.... I am too young to remember why Perot was able to get in the race and hang, but I assume it was ambivilence wiht the crop of candidates.... The GOP candiates do not strike me as a strong group, and my that I mean a guy conservatives feel they are ready to get behind...

I like to hear some thought from Conservatives....

Well B-L, of the GOP candidates that you have listed, I certainly do not believe that any of these will run as an independent candidate. There is always talk of this, but its such an expensive undertaking nowadays, I just don't see it.

The only outside chance would be Ron Paul, but inthe end I don't think that this 76yr. old will want to jeopardize his son Rand's chances in the GOP.

The only other wild cards are millionaires Donald Trump and Nanny Bloomberg, but I think that they are attention seeking rather than serious.

As an Independent, I want to know why the Republicans are throwing the upcoming presidential election. There is not one single person in their field that stands a snowballs chance in hell of being elected.

Gingrich - He's starting to make Clinton and Blowinski look mild.

Romney - Catholics have a tough time getting elected, a Mormon for prez is just not happening.

Perry, Santorum - Either would struggle to get 1% of the Indy voters.

As lame as Obama has been as President, He'll win in a landslide bigger than him vs McCain.

So the question is ..... Why throw the election ?

As an Independent, I want to know why the Republicans are throwing the upcoming presidential election. There is not one single person in their field that stands a snowballs chance in hell of being elected.

Gingrich - He's starting to make Clinton and Blowinski look mild.

Romney - Catholics have a tough time getting elected, a Mormon for prez is just not happening.

Perry, Santorum - Either would struggle to get 1% of the Indy voters.

As lame as Obama has been as President, He'll win in a landslide bigger than him vs McCain.

So the question is ..... Why throw the election ?

The American people elected a man who never held an actual job in his entire life, and you think American's will have trouble with a Mormon? Especially when unemployment is about to jump back up to 9%?

There are reasons to think Romney can't win. His religion isn't one of them.

Newt comes with his own baggage both part of the congressional record, but also some personal garbage that must make his a tough guy to get behind for conservatives.

Romney- I still can't see how Mittens gets the nod when he personally signed a healthcare bill that was the blueprint for the controversial PPACA that Obama and the Democratic Congress jammed through- I just don't get the feeling he is a candidate that most TP'ers or Conservartives in general would be super enthused about..

RP-- Conservatives don't like his foreighn policy, but he does espouse alot of the more conservative priciples that are held so dear.... I'd like to see more of him in the picture, when he speaks, it makes sense to me.... most of it, but I will probably never embrace all the conservative agenda items.

Santorum- I get the feeling he has blown his load, and does nto appears to to have the "umph" or financial strength to get a boost... I assume he will be nudged out of the race soon...

So what are the chances that another candidate is not even on the scene yet, or that a Ross Perot 1rd party guy might gain some traction and make a splash.... I am too young to remember why Perot was able to get in the race and hang, but I assume it was ambivilence wiht the crop of candidates.... The GOP candiates do not strike me as a strong group, and my that I mean a guy conservatives feel they are ready to get behind...

I like to hear some thought from Conservatives....

About all Perots billions did were get Clinton elected in 92. Incredibly in his attempt to justify a third party candidacy Trump claims he would take votes away from Obama, not the Republican.

The American people elected a man who never held an actual job in his entire life, and you think American's will have trouble with a Mormon? Especially when unemployment is about to jump back up to 9%?

And all of the Rep candidates combined don't have the baggage Obama has. 4 years (two of them with total control) of absolute failure he has nothing to run on. All he has is the perceived faults of whomever he runs against and his ridiculous, stuttering grandiose speeches.

Dude most of us realize that not all Mormons are terrorists but for many 9/11 is just too fresh a memory.