Kyle Williams was targeted by Giants due to his concussion history

bbb

STU-PID!

This is similar to those Marines who were caught urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban knuckleheads and were videotaped. War is hell, and I'm sure that things like this go on all of the time..especially in a guerilla campaign like our troops fight everyday in Afghanistan. But after Abu Grahaib prison, how stupid do you have to be to allow yourself to be videotaped while doing it?

Similarly, with the NFL eliminating the kickoff return because of fear of concussions, and with the new special helmets, rules changes to severely penalize helmet to helmet contact, and these idiots somehow think that is ok to advertise that they were planning to try and give an NFL player a concussion because of his history?

Keep your darn mouth shut!

But now that the cat is out of the bag, suspensions and fines are the only things that make sense.

Especially from the Super Bowl.

It's not bush. It is the type of gamesmanship that goes on in every single game played in every NFL season. It's part of football because it works, case in point.

If you're disgusted by it that much (three thumbsdown!) may I suggest the ballet?

Gamesmanship? injuring an opponent is cowardice. You think I'm soft because I believe in fair play? You are sadly mistaken as I choice the Barbarian because of his fierceness and brutal abilities and enjoy all the violence that fighting and football have to offer. But that means within the rules because illegal tactics shows that you are not able to beat your opponent on equal terms but rather need cheap tricks to cover up your inferiority.

Situation: defensive back goes out of the game heavily favoring his left leg, looks like it could be a knee injury;

Question: what is first thing offense does when they line up in passing formation and see that DB back in the game in man coverage?

Answer: throw at him, ideally making him push off his left leg.

Perfectly legal, totally common, just like what Giants did. Read article again: Giants did nothing illegal.

purposely injuring an opponent is illegal.

You are not a very good Barbarian.

That is funny

However I believe in playing fair but just as hard as possible within the rules.

Last I checked, hitting someone hard is well within the rules of football. Dare I say, often encouraged. I'm beginning to think some of you didn't even bother to read Thomas' comments. If you did, you're reading way too much into them. The Giants weren't trying to injure Williams. There's no evidence they even attempted to do so.

What they did do was try to hit him hard enough to put a little fear of god in him and maybe cause him to hesitate a bit. They succeeded.

When some press followed up this story with Justin Tuck, he said: "Obviously we consider ourselves to be a physical group that wants to hit everyone. I don't think we've ever talked about knocking someone out, concussion-wise. We want to hit everybody hard, but we stay away from that."