who is the best 4-3 DE in this draft?

From what I've read, Mercillus seems to be in the upper tier. Problem is, unless the Bills were to make a big splash in FA, that #10 pick, whoever it is, must be plugged in as a starter from day 1 and contribute signficantly. I mean, WTF? We're talking a 6-10 team here, not a 10-6 team. Play em now or don't draft em.

Nick Perry, USC will move up on draft day and will be taken #10. Purest 4-3 DE in this draft who does nothing but get to the QB.

Ingram, Branch, and Chandler Jones are also going to move up. When everybody moves up, they all stay where they are. Ask Einstein.

Ingram, Branch, and Chandler Jones are also going to move up. When everybody moves up, they all stay where they are. Ask Einstein.

lol. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicky perry! wooot!...i just put in for my Nick Perry bills uni a few minutes ago..it'll arrive in approx May :thumbsup:

Coples is the best 4-3 DE, and can be used as a 3-4 DE with very little falloff. We have him hereat #11.

Devon Still is a great 4-3 DT, and drops to RD3 as a DE 3-4. We have him at #7 as a 4-3 DT, but dropping 59 slots if he's a 3-4 DE.

Mercilus is now at #17 as a 4-3 DE, and only drops 10 slots if he's a OLB34.

Devon Still is a beast too bad we have other needs

I've watched Chandler Jones all season and I have to say I loved the guy as our DE this year. The problem he will have is that he relies so much on an initial bull rush because he can out muscle many of the Big East OT on a regular basis, that won't happen often in the NFL. He needs to make some modifications to his pass rush but I do believe he has the ability to do so and will.

Devon Still is a beast too bad we have other needs

If you told me we are going to be a 4-3 this year, Still would go right up to the top of my list. Kick Dareus out to DE, put Williams and Still in the middle...

Hey, BB, have you heard whether Kwame Geathers has declared for the draft? He'd be a RD2 right about at our pick...

Coples is the best 4-3 DE, and can be used as a 3-4 DE with very little falloff. We have him hereat #11.

Devon Still is a great 4-3 DT, and drops to RD3 as a DE 3-4. We have him at #7 as a 4-3 DT, but dropping 59 slots if he's a 3-4 DE.

Mercilus is now at #17 as a 4-3 DE, and only drops 10 slots if he's a OLB34.

So with some very fine juggling we could conceivably get all three?

Oh my i just had a moment.

Back to reality. We need to fill the pass rush void first and gain ground on the run stop too These 3 choices are nice options though.

Upshaw could play 4/3 DE or 3/4 OLB. Made it a point to watch him all Championship game and he was all over the field, from sideline to sideline making plays. He was in a 3 pt stance on the line pretty much the whole game too.

He'd be a great choice at #10. We'll see him a lot either way, because he'll go to Miami at #8 if he doesn't fall to us. :angry:

If you told me we are going to be a 4-3 this year, Still would go right up to the top of my list. Kick Dareus out to DE, put Williams and Still in the middle...

Hey, BB, have you heard whether Kwame Geathers has declared for the draft? He'd be a RD2 right about at our pick...

I know very little of Geathers' but seen him as out pick today i think on drafttek, so i would imagine he did. It stated as i am sure you already know bot we could put him,williams,heard as out dt's and leave Dareus at his natural position end if we go to the 43, and since he's 350 i think they referred to fat pat in the 34. I found the mocks at footballs future they have quite a bit of them up now.