Put everything into the offense

Toshiero

News Flash, the only dominant offense left is NE, all the rest have bit the dust!!! lol!!!

WOW!!!

True we need a dynamic playmaker, but we need pass rush more. Look at the play when Rogers was stripped, the Giants corner was burned badly, but no one cares because the pressure on the QB never allowed the throw to happen.

Get pass rushers!

Go Bills!!!

Yes, the Bills need a "pass rush."

The Giants can win anywhere, anytime--largely because of their "pass rush."

Their "pass rush" comes from their mauling front four.

Now, take one guy out of that front four, put him on The Bills and tell me what he difference he makes to our "pass rush."

"Pass rush" is a team/scheme effort.

Unless you have a once-in-a-lifetime player like Bruce Smith, there isn't a one-stop-shop for "pass rush."

It'd be nice if Bills fans understood this.

G-Men defense beat the snot out of the "unstoppable" Pack offense today.

The obit notice of " Defense in today's NFL" is premature.

We need to add a stud WR on offense, but we need to massively upgrade our Defense to be competitive.

Defense is important.

I think, though, that statistically speaking an amazing offense and suspect defense is going to win you more games than an amazing defense and suspect offense.

Everyone says "balance, balance, balance." True! But at some point though, at least in the short term, you have to put your eggs in a basket (in terms of draft selections) and prioritize your growth goals.

I say "offense" with "defense" sprinkled in as an accent point for right now.

The Giants and Niners got the better of their opponents due to defense more than offense.

Balance, people. Address our most glaring need first. That need is pass rush.

Then it's O line, a distant second. Then WR. We still have a young QB who is learning. A QB would be a luxury pick, and a wasted one, IMO, with so many needs.

And I have to disagree that the game has completely changed. It does rely more on the pass, and that's great--passes are more exciting. But good teams still have to out-physical their opponents. Great teams harass QBs.

We dont need to put every resource towards Offense, just a different type of resource.

Keep drafting D, but add to the O in FA. Need to re-sign Stevie, Chandler, and Bell, and get another big WR in FA as well (Jackson, Colston, or Meachem).

Spend the first 4 picks on D again, and get another OL in the 4th that can contribute like Hairston did.

I agree 100% with this comment.. Ditto! keep doing this and in 2 years we will be a force.

Offense is definitely the name of the game in today's NFL. As much as I've defended Fitz, this offense, no matter how much you add to it, will never be at the level of GB, NE, or NO b/c Fitz can't reach that level. That doesn't we need a HOF QB in order to win...insead, we're going to make up the gap between Fitz and Brady somehwere else: defense and special teams. Continue to add pieces to the offense for sure, but the only way the Bills will move forward is by having a well-balanced TEAM.

What I respectfully disagree with about your line of thinking and many others is that it seems as though you guys act like HOF Tom Brady popped out of a hole in the ground one day. He was DEVELOPED by a genius Coach and great overall coaching staff. Everyone talks like Rodgers is the 2nd coming. He looked ordinary at best yesterday.

Yes, I concede that Tom Brady is now a HOF caliber QB, but there are only a few QB's in history that were going to be in the HOF no question starting day 1. Peyton comes to mind. But to act as if Fitz is some sort of liability and has no shot to improve is ignorant thinking.

I guarantee you if our front office and coaching staffs come together and really get their act right and put a deep roster on the field, Fitz will look like a (gulp) Pro Bowler. We all act like everyone in the league has the capacity to improve except our own players. It's frustrating, but understandable given how messed up of a franchise we have been the last 12 years.

HOF QB's arent in the draft to just pick up and say, "Oh well now we have the HOF QB question taken care of, lets move on." No, they are developed and put in the right place at the right time with the right coaching staff and players around them.

Look for Fitz to have another improved year next year. A solid offseason and it may be a great year.

This game has completely changed. Sure draft some upgrades on D, but honestly put every resource into WR and the OL ( and for God's sake draft a fing QB to groom). Look the top seeds in the playoffs were 31st and 32nd in Defense. The #2 Defense just got booted.

Just put it all in offense as that is the way the NFL goes and hey at least when we suck we will at least be somewhat exciting.

This past weekend proved this false. 3 of the 4 teams still playing are there because their defense put them there. You need both offense and defense. :wallbash:

What I respectfully disagree with about your line of thinking and many others is that it seems as though you guys act like HOF Tom Brady popped out of a hole in the ground one day. He was DEVELOPED by a genius Coach and great overall coaching staff. Everyone talks like Rodgers is the 2nd coming. He looked ordinary at best yesterday.

Yes, I concede that Tom Brady is now a HOF caliber QB, but there are only a few QB's in history that were going to be in the HOF no question starting day 1. Peyton comes to mind. But to act as if Fitz is some sort of liability and has no shot to improve is ignorant thinking.

I guarantee you if our front office and coaching staffs come together and really get their act right and put a deep roster on the field, Fitz will look like a (gulp) Pro Bowler. We all act like everyone in the league has the capacity to improve except our own players. It's frustrating, but understandable given how messed up of a franchise we have been the last 12 years.

HOF QB's arent in the draft to just pick up and say, "Oh well now we have the HOF QB question taken care of, lets move on." No, they are developed and put in the right place at the right time with the right coaching staff and players around them.

Look for Fitz to have another improved year next year. A solid offseason and it may be a great year.

I'm sorry, sir. But you're making entirely too much sense.

G-Men defense beat the snot out of the "unstoppable" Pack offense today.

The obit notice of " Defense in today's NFL" is premature.

We need to add a stud WR on offense, but we need to massively upgrade our Defense to be competitive.

I agree Jon. We need two studs on Offense preferably at WR and TE. The Saints have Graham, Colston, Meacham, Henderson, Sproles, Thomas and Lance Moore when healthy for Brees to throw to. Stevie Johnson (who a whole lot of you think is unbelievable) is nowhere near the threat that Colston and Graham are. And he doesn't have the speed that Henderson, Meacham or Moore have. He is just not big and physical. The 49ers have Vernon Davis, and the Pats have Gronkowski and Hernandez. We have nooone at WR or TE who creates matchup problems for the defense. That has to change for us to compete. But that is nothing compared to how weak our defense is compared to most other teams.

We need physicality!! Justin Smith is a beast for the niners-simple as that. A lot of you get caught up in where defenses are ranked. For the Pats, Packers, Saints it really doesn't matter. They outscore just about everyone they play. And regardless of where they are ranked, their defenses have a whole lot more playmakers than the Bills. This team needs an infusion of meanness and talent at so many positions, before we can even begin to think about the playoffs. And that comes down to the organization caring about winning. Bottom line. Other than at RB and Center (and possibly guard) this team needs upgrades in talent at EVERY other position on the roster. Including QB.

I'm sorry, sir. But you're making entirely too much sense.

Haha. There's alot of people on this board that would not agree with that. This is really the one topic that burns me up more than anything. Say Tom Brady is drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 00' or whenever he was. The Bills at that time were unknowingly about to plunge into over a decade of futility. Tom Brady would not be in the league most likely if that scenario had played out. The Bills would have destroyed him like Trent, J.P. Rob Johnson, etc.

Are there times when a player just isn't very good? Yes! But a player put into the wrong situation will look like garbage. I feel like our front office and coaches could have almost f***** up Peyton Manning we were that bad.

I believe we are finally, finally on the right track as a franchise. It's painful to wait but I think we've turned a corner for real this time. But who's to say that Ryan Fitz can't lead this Bills offense to the top of the league. And people need to stop with this weak arm nonsense. Ok he's not John Elway or Favre but the guy can make every necessary throw to play in the NFL. His deep ball needs work but I feel that comes with timing and confidence with his receivers.

I'll say this now and I'll say it again. Front office and coaches are more important than players. Bellichek could make anyone look good - he's that great of a coach (albeit and absolute d*ck sore loser baby)

Great coaches create great players and then those players return the favor by developing mentally and physically into stars, making the coach look great.

But people, it starts with the coach. Chan is pretty darn good, at least offensively. With some more pieces, Ryan Fitzpatrick could be the next household name.

I agree Jon. We need two studs on Offense preferably at WR and TE. The Saints have Graham, Colston, Meacham, Henderson, Sproles, Thomas and Lance Moore when healthy for Brees to throw to. Stevie Johnson (who a whole lot of you think is unbelievable) is nowhere near the threat that Colston and Graham are. And he doesn't have the speed that Henderson, Meacham or Moore have. He is just not big and physical. The 49ers have Vernon Davis, and the Pats have Gronkowski and Hernandez. We have nooone at WR or TE who creates matchup problems for the defense. That has to change for us to compete. But that is nothing compared to how weak our defense is compared to most other teams.

We need physicality!! Justin Smith is a beast for the niners-simple as that. A lot of you get caught up in where defenses are ranked. For the Pats, Packers, Saints it really doesn't matter. They outscore just about everyone they play. And regardless of where they are ranked, their defenses have a whole lot more playmakers than the Bills. This team needs an infusion of meanness and talent at so many positions, before we can even begin to think about the playoffs. And that comes down to the organization caring about winning. Bottom line. Other than at RB and Center (and possibly guard) this team needs upgrades in talent at EVERY other position on the roster. Including QB.

I disagree that the playoffs are a long ways off.

I do agree that we're not a powerhouse team like that Pats* or the Saints.

There must be something in between.

And that's where we are.

The argument then becomes--what do we need to be, at the least, an annual playoff contender?

I don't think we need that many pieces to complete that equation.

I think we have enough talent and manpower in our front four that--given the right scheme--can generate issues for a quaterback, thus creating turnovers like they did early in 2011.

I have argued VEHEMENTLY on this site that it's talent and not coaching that makes the difference.

But I truly believe that when it comes to our "pass rush," that the opposite is true.

With the talent we have now, the pass rush we delivered underperformed, abysmally.

With a few more guys and a change in philosophy, this defense can be good enough to get us to the playoffs given the weapons we DO have on offense.