pessimism...setting...in...must...find...hope...

nodnarb

Watching the Broncos make fools of the Titans brought a foreboding last night. I don't see them losing to the Colts when that game will likely be meaningless for Manning and Co. With that situation set and the Broncos likely to finish 10-6, our only hope is that the Texans can beat the Jags AND the Jets lose their final two games.

I don't like those odds.

I was optimistic before. But I think it's most likely that the Bills are a 10-6 team home watching the playoffs. The worst case scenario. Those first two fuggin games...

(loud screaming)

Hope for Manning to be held TD-less today.  That way he's GOT to play next weekend and score at least 2, which he can do.

178224[/snapback]

I don't think that's the kind of hope that will help him. Manning and Brees will have a shootout today and Manning will have broken Marino's record by halftime.

The touchdown record is at best tangential to whether Indy would win at Denver (starters can still get pulled off the field when it is 14-7 in the second quarter), but let's be serious.

Tony Dungy is not an idiot. If the game means nothing to Indy, he's not going to risk seeing Peyton being carried off the field and his teams' playoff hopes going down the toilet for some silly record. Just because Peyton gets to play offensive coordinator doesn't mean he's the coach.

As it stands, the team is designed cap-wise to compete for that TD record every year - Indy is the BYU of the NFL. If I'm Tony Dungy, and Peyton can't get two today, that's his loss.

What needs to happen is that Indy comes out firing on all cylinders early. Then they will playa half - rack up points and maybe win. However, if they fall behind early, Dungy may just pull the plug like Mora did a few years ago against us.

I was really hoping for the Titans but they seemed to have mailed it in even playing at home. Yea we need alot of hope to get in playoffs but I feel that no matter what happens this team took the first step. We have a system that the players believe in but what matters more is they believe in the coaching staff. I wasnt sure that TD made the right choice I guess I wanted a more rah rah guy but after seeing what happened to Giants and quitting on TC glad that Donohoe didnt listen to most on this board that wanted him leading our team.

I really look forward as well since I think the loss of Charlie Weiss at NE will greatly impact Brady and might see a demise to mediocrity set in without his guidance and play calling.

All we can do is just WIN baby and hope we get a late christmas present

I agree that it's much more important that the Bills finish strong, have their first winning season in forever, and carry momentum into next year. Sure, I'd love to get into the playoffs because anything could happen there, but this season is a success if the Bills finish 10-6.

Who thought that they'd do that when the season started, in MM's FIRST year as coach?

Watching the Broncos make fools of the Titans brought a foreboding last night. I don't see them losing to the Colts when that game will likely be meaningless for Manning and Co.  With that situation set and the Broncos likely to finish 10-6, our only hope is that the Texans can beat the Jags AND the Jets lose their final two games.

I don't like those odds.

I was optimistic before. But I think it's most likely that the Bills are a 10-6 team home watching the playoffs. The worst case scenario. Those first two fuggin games...

(loud screaming)

178222[/snapback]

Wont the colts still being playing for a possible bye week in the first round?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Wont the colts still being playing for a possible bye week in the first round?

178286[/snapback]

LOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JETS WIN

COLTS WIN

COLTS PLAYING FOR A BYE VS DENVER!!!!!!!!

See the possibilities??????? ***The Jets TWO-edged sword***!!!

JETS WIN

COLTS WIN

178303[/snapback]

They won't be playing for a bye if the Pats beat SF in New England earlier in the day.

JETS WIN

COLTS WIN

178303[/snapback]

No the Jets gotta lose....

and STL gotta be playing for something week 17....So hopefully they beat Philly...

I'd rather have a chance at two playoff spots then just one...