Electrifying News

3rdnlng

Yes, that is a part of what it's about. It's also about lowering our dependence of foreign oil.

Lowering our dependence on...Canada? :unsure:

By the way...anyone see the report a few days ago where our largest export is refined fuel?

I'm not a big fan of the alarmist attitude of Gore, but we do know that an increase of global temperature is occurring at the same time as a rise in CO2. It's not hard to put together.

It is when no one's bothered to measure the carbon load a ton of crude oil on the atmosphere.

Little matter now...the permafrost is melting. No stopping THAT release of greenhouse gasses.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to see is a combination of moving to electric cars as well as a push toward green energy. I think drilling in ANWR isn't a bad concession as well as off shore. But the overall push needs to be for green and renewable energy.

And if all evidence indicates that the only way known to man to create sufficient energy to sustain our society without using fossil fuels is nuclear power (which at the present time is the case) or do you go all in on the hope that a huge tech breakthrough will enable us to pump hundreds of times the production we currently get out of a turbine or from a solar panel?

Because some vague "push" for "green and renewable energy" sounds great, but as a practical matter it's kind of like crossing your fingers, closing your eyes, and laying it all down on 00.

Little matter now...the permafrost is melting. No stopping THAT release of greenhouse gasses.

Yep that's the tipping point- no sense in worrying about CO2 now, that horse has left the barn- now it's time to build desalination plants,dykes, nuclear power plants (LFTR hopefully), planting trees and soil conservation, and vertical farming.

Yep that's the tipping point- no sense in worrying about CO2 now, that horse has left the barn- now it's time to build desalination plants,dykes, nuclear power plants (LFTR hopefully), planting trees and soil conservation, and vertical farming.

Good thing we have people of your caliber to tell us how to address the coming crisis.

(That was sarcasm, in case you missed it. Shut the !@#$ up, moron.)

Your words are moot, you fat crabby senile depends wearing misanthrope.

What is your expertise in the mortgage and real estate industries? BTW, why does the sheep wink at you when you ride your bike by the farmer's field?

And if all evidence indicates that the only way known to man to create sufficient energy to sustain our society without using fossil fuels is nuclear power (which at the present time is the case) or do you go all in on the hope that a huge tech breakthrough will enable us to pump hundreds of times the production we currently get out of a turbine or from a solar panel?

Because some vague "push" for "green and renewable energy" sounds great, but as a practical matter it's kind of like crossing your fingers, closing your eyes, and laying it all down on 00.

I would agree with you on the idea that it's laying in all down on 00, but when I say push I mean just that, a push. Movement to green energy should happen slowly over the next 50 years or so. Even then, a certain amount of energy will still have to come from fossil fuels.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

I would agree with you on the idea that it's laying in all down on 00, but when I say push I mean just that, a push. Movement to green energy should happen slowly over the next 50 years or so. Even then a certain amount of energy will still have to come from fossil fuels.

So, you're all for drilling in ANWR? Offshore?

What is your expertise in the mortgage and real estate industries? BTW, why does the sheep wink at you when you ride your bike by the farmer's field?

It likes him better since you gave it a scorching case of herpes.

So, you're all for drilling in ANWR? Offshore?

So long as the general push is for green energy in the long run. Oil is a finite resource. Green energy is not. If we ever run out of green energy, the sun went out and we're all dead anyway. Better to work toward it now than have it come in shock when we run out.

So long as the general push is for green energy in the long run. Oil is a finite resource. Green energy is not. If we ever run out of green energy, the sun went out and we're all dead anyway. Better to work toward it now than have it come in shock when we run out.

Green energy is just out there for the grabbing. You haven't been around long but this deserves a pBills HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I have no problem working toward green energy, but 99.9% of the global warming, climate change, al gore goonies are trying to make it impossible to happen while cutting off the reasonable approach.

You need to understand, lyrbob is a douche and a liar who makes schit up and then runs and hides. He has refused to answer my question concerning his expertise in the mortgage and real estate industry for nearly a year now. (He made a statement claiming knowledge) I insult him often because he is so deserving. If you want to join in and defend him, have at it.

Lowering our dependence on...Canada? :unsure:

By the way...anyone see the report a few days ago where our largest export is refined fuel?

It is when no one's bothered to measure the carbon load a ton of crude oil on the atmosphere.

That's because we don't measure the carbon load a ton of crude has on the atmosphere. We measure the carbon load a ton of carbon has on the atmosphere.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

That's because we don't measure the carbon load a ton of crude has on the atmosphere. We measure the carbon load a ton of carbon has on the atmosphere.

And what's the carbon content of a ton of crude, and after said crude is processed, refined, and burned how much of that ends up in the atmosphere? :rolleyes:

And what's the carbon content of a ton of crude, and after said crude is processed, refined, and burned how much of that ends up in the atmosphere? :rolleyes:

That depends on the type of crude burned. Different crudes have different carbon outputs.

http://numero57.net/2008/03/20/carbon-dioxide-emissions-per-barrel-of-crude/

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

1 barrel crude = 317kg of CO2 (min.) 7.33 barrels weigh one metric ton

7.33 x 317 kg CO2 = 2323 kg CO2 percent of carbon in CO2 about 27% 2323 kg x .27 = 627 kg carbon in the atmosphere