Official Bills Dolphins game thread

Just Jack

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to stay away from this thread due to my fitz negativity last week. I can't stay away. He effin sucks. I've said he's decent in the past. I was wrong. He isn't decent. He stinks. We need a qb. Cut him. Save some money Ralph. Start fresh at qb. He aren't going anywhere with a qb like him. He can thank our defense for his big contract. All the TOs they got in the first few weeks made him look better than he is. He makes bad decision and bad throw after throw. I'm over him. I don't care that he gives us the "best chance to win" next year. He gives us the best chance to win 4-6 games if he's lucky. Cut him. See ya.

Fitz did something great today, bro. He brought us closer to drafting his replacement.

Thanks Fitzy.

How much money will Room Temperature Ralph have to cough up if they cut Fitz?

Several posters here think that if Fitz or Gailey or anyone is sent packing, that they get their full pay. That's not true. Many players get cut each year and their contracts don't continue to be paid. That's why when contract numbers are publicized, they include the amount guaranteed. That's the amount that a player will definitely get, minus what they have already received on their current contract. The rest is gone if they get cut.

Every year you hear about good players cut by their team not because they aren't playing well, but because if the team kept them past a certain date, they would have to pay them a hefty bonus, as stated in their contract. So obviously, when they are cut they do not receive that money.

Thirdly, some players are cut while injured. We often hear about them agreeing to a settlement. So they get a sum of money to be cut while injured, but not their full pay. Very few coaches or players actually get the publicized amount of their contracts.

An interesting feature of coaches contracts is that customarily, the contracts of NFL Head Coaches are guaranteed.

There is however no coaches union, only an association.

As of right now, very few assistant coaches have guaranteed contracts.

But in the unlikely event of a Gailey firing, he would be paid the remainder of his contract, unless he was hired by another organization, in which case he would be paid the difference.