As a GM I would....

As A GM I would: Fire myself if my last name was NIX! A 70 something in way over his head. But hey at least he took the job.

Very few quality free agents except Barnett. A head coach who in his presser said there is no problem with the quarterback. Or words to that effect.

a DC who is clueless and the head coach has been eerily silent on him. Meaning? I don't know maybe another year with him?

If I was GM I would also place blame on the 'stache. Why? He is an assistant head coach (I think). Plus he's the ILC. Probably by design,

His actual duties are not for anyone but the organization eyes to see. Meaning well, what does he do? I cringe when some people think we have some hidden diamond

in a coach, and the stache will put on his cape and save the day. Hardly, and I'll except full responsability for my view of him if I am proven wrong. But today I consider

him part of the problem, not the solution.Why? Like so many are saying. This Bills defense is one of the worst in Bills history. We have regressed

from 2010. The "injury bug" holds little weight. Every team is hurting, yes we lost quite a few starters but don't we do that every year now? If I was GM

I would have prepared for that knowing this teams dismal history. I would not be content to simply dumpster dive, and play people out of position. For a series maybe for a

season. NO way!

The Bills will have a real hard sell on season tickets next year. Brandon has ZERO shiny toys to show off. Losing more players in free agency will not build confidence

in the fan base. No big name free agents will come here unless it's their only option (which is possible). I also believe NIX has no interest in a blue chip Quarterback in the draft.

Mid rounder maybe, but we are not making a move on the big 3 or 4 choices. Gailey just about said as much by expressing his man love of Fitz yesterday.

Every year I make a draft board/ free agent moves, so here's PART ONE...and it is subject to change as we move closer to the draft. Background on myself, I am a college student studying Sports Management and I am currently a student coach for a Division 1 program, about to graduate and hope to get an NFL internship for the summer.

Free Agency:

Wide Receivers:

1. Let Roscoe Walk.

2. Cut Roosevelt.

3. Extend or franchise Stevie.

4. Give Fitz and Stevie something to work with, sign one of the Jacksons, Vincent or DeSean.

OL:

1.Sign Bell to an extension, (Free Agent)

2. Sign Jared Gaither: hear me out, he is now starting for the Chiefs and has looked good/healthy. Provides much needed depth and skill when healthy.

3. We signed Pears today, so if Urbik doesnt take an affordable offer let him walk. (free agent)

DL:

1.Cut Spencer Johnson

2. Sign John Abraham: He is getting up there in age but does still have 2-3 years of good production left, and he can help a young defense.

LB:

1. Andra Davis, Kirk Morrison, and Reggie Torbor are all free agents. Would prefer to bring back Torbor for depth, let the others walk.

2. Sign Anthony Spencer: He can be had at a good price, reliable preformer on the field and an upgrade at a weak position for us.

DRAFT: Now time for the fun part...its really early but I thought I would put together the first two rounds.

1. I assume we will be picking between 8-12 this year, so I propose we trade back to around 16-19 and pick up another 2nd round pick while grabbing.....

1st: ILB Vontaze Burfict from Arizona State, can be had after trading back; Burfict has great instincts, makes plays sideline to sideline and is far more disciplined than he gets credit for. Has a ton of experience and will draw comparisons to many of the elite middle linebackers. youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

2nd (number 1): Mike Adams, OT from OSU. Suspended for the first few games this season due to the OSU scandal. He is a mountain of a man, 6'8 320. He plays nasty and brings toughness and has played against top level players while at OSU. He has long and powerful arms and has been extremely durable while playing both LT and RT.

2nd (number 2): Brandon Jenkins, DE from FL State. Had a huge year in 2010 but a little dip in 2011, but still played extremely well. Played DE in college and could get to the QB, has the speed and ability to play OLB for us, but I like him at end. Here are his highlights.

Have not had enough time to do the other rounds, but I'll get them.

Shoot away, and feel free to post your ideas.

My idea is that you can't be taken seriously.

8 passes for 75 yards. I don't understand all the Revis fuss? Maybe other teams avoid Revis more because they have better options?

Revis only gave up 19 receptions all of last season. Some of that is due to QBs with better second options than Brad Smith, but 8 catches against Revis is a real accomplishment. Johnson can make some plays. Johnson may truly be elite at getting two hands on the football - I don't know if it's the route-running or the physicality, but he's in a position to make a play about as often as anyone in the league. The problem with him is a.) he doesn't have anything like elite hands, as we've seen, and b.) he doesn't have elite speed, so he's not making those plays 20 yards downfield, nor is he turning a corner after grabbing the ball and adding 20 yards after the catch. He is very good at getting three yards after the catch, even if he pulls it down with a CB's arms around him. I'd say he's somewhere around the 15th best WR in the league. Not elite by any stretch, but a legit choice for your top receiver.

But you absolutely need to have a second option. Not Smith, not Jones, not Nelson. A speedy guy who can open things up downfield well enough to give Johnson much more space to work with underneath. But there really isn't another choice for our #1 WR next year. There's no way we sign a Jackson or Dwayne Bowe. I think there are some legit choices for the team, though: Robert Meachem's shown flashes in New Orleans, but is badly caught in a numbers game. With a full-time role in Buffalo, he could end up with 800 yards and cost us relatively little. Eddie Royal might be worth a flyer, despite his recent disappearance. There are more. But the guys we could sign are never going to be stars. We're looking for a deep-threat complement.

If I'm GM of Buffalo, I look at this team all around and I say "I am going to put together a team that can go out and compete for a playoff spot this year". You've got 3 areas of concentration - Special Teams, Defense, and Offense. You've got 3 Coordinators, there, as well.

On Offense - I figure out who the QB's coming out of college are. If there is a truly elite QB that could be a difference maker/Franchise QB then I try for him with all I have in the first. If I cannot get him, then I try to move down into the later part of round 1 and grab some extra picks. Each draft has its own merits - and this draft is heavy on 2nd - 4th round talent. The only positions that might be in abundance at a high 1st round level this year are OT, QB, and WR. The other positions that usually go high - OLB, DE, CB - those positions have guys that can be good starters, but there are a bunch that are together in the typical 2nd and 3rd round talent.

So, if we get our QB high, then we need to throw everything next at OLB, with depth at CB and OL, and we use F.A. to get improvements at WR and another LB to start. That would give us a team, that if it stayed healthy, could have the players to compete, and we'd have a stud QB to groom and step in when ready.

If we don't get an elite QB, there are others that could end up being real 10 year starters that might go in rounds 2 and 3. We get one, as well as a couple OLB's and maybe a WR or TE - all in the upper part of the first 2-3 rounds, guys that can come in and compete right off for starting positions. After that, we go BPA at OT, LB, CB, and WR - and we get the best help in F.A.

We really ought to get a D-Coordinator that can come in and give us credibility right off, and give the players confidence again. He would have an obvious impact on who we specifically draft. But, we have a knack for getting special impact players in every draft these days, a later round or UDFA jewel - we'll need that, too.

If we go at it all in, no more waiting till whenever, and we still go about it wisely, with a mind towards core players, and we pay for a very good D-Coordinator, as well as, IMO, another Special Teams coach - ours is no good - then we could turn it around.

AT THIS POINT, THIS OFFSEASON OUR TEAM CAN TURN A CORNER AND REDEEM ITSELF. BUT, BUDDY AND CHAN HAVE THIS YEAR TO DO IT. IT ISN'T TOO LATE TO KEEP THE FANS, BUT IT WILL TAKE A REAL ABSOLUTE TURN AROUND IN COMMITMENT AND A SHOWING OF READINESS TO GO FOR IT WITH ALL AVAILABLE RESOURCES. IF THEY DO NOT, AND GO CHEAP YET AGAIN, I FEEL THE FANS WILL WALK AWAY FROM THIS FRANCHISE, AND THE BILLS WILL BE MERELY DEAD ON THEIR FEET - IF THEY ARE NOT ALREADY THERE.