4th round pick for Evans looks like a steal

Jerry Jabber

I watched some of the Ravens game yesterday, and one of the announcers said (after Evans made a nice 21 yard sideline catch), with that reception, Evans has a total of 4 receptions for the season. I supported the Evans trade, but 4 receptions for the year?! Nix looks like he made a great trade so far with that kind of production from Evans.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was injured for a majority of the season.

This is true.

It's also true that his production has decreased every year since 2008 and that his best season was in 2006.

Sometimes the extreme finesse guys (Peerless Price) have short careers.

Some (Harold Jackson, Charlie Joiner) have long careers.

If he's as promising as Hairston or Searcy (both of whom I believe will become permanent, quality starters) I'll be satisfied with the trade.

How's our record been lately?

Color me unconvinced.

We say we have all this awesome young talent, yet we lose... a lot. :blush:

How's our record been lately?

Color me unconvinced.

We say we have all this awesome young talent, yet we lose... a lot. :blush:

Well, you can draw the conclusion that all the players on the roster suck.

Or you can attempt to identify which ones are good, which ones are bad, etc.

I typically don't paint everything with one brush.

Well, you can draw the conclusion that all the players on the roster suck.

Or you can attempt to identify which ones are good, which ones are bad, etc.

I typically don't paint everything with one brush.

Ideally, I'd like to not paint everything with one brush.

But then I look at our records, and I have a hard time avoiding it. We've made significant roster changes, and it seems we just stay in the same spot.

Or, we can get diamonds in the rough like Derek Fine, Dwayne Wright or the venerable Duke Preston...

Yeah but if you were really analyzing their play, none of those 3 ever looked as good as Searcy and Hairston have this season.

Fine and Wright clearly sucked. With Preston it was harder to tell because he's an interior offensive lineman.

Hairston and Searcy both play in space and have looked very good for rookies.

Again, people are emotional, pissed-off, and have lost their objectivity regarding this team. It's understandable. Some people are here to slash and burn. Vent. Get things off their chest.

But that runs counter to at least trying to have fair, objective, analysis.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I watched some of the Ravens game yesterday, and one of the announcers said (after Evans made a nice 21 yard sideline catch), with that reception, Evans has a total of 4 receptions for the season. I supported the Evans trade, but 4 receptions for the year?! Nix looks like he made a great trade so far with that kind of production from Evans.

Only one problem with your prior statement.

Overdorf made the trade, not Nix. See, our GM doesn't make trades. :rolleyes:

Probably the only good trade he's made. Maybin, Whitner and Lynch are all black marks on his resume thus far...

Just wait until the playoffs, if Evans is healthy he will make an impact and certainly be worth that 4th round pick. JMO

I recall that first game against the Steelers where Evans was nothing more then a decoy to allow the other receivers to make plays. The Steelers rolled their coverage at Evans and the result was a 35-7 loss for Pittsburgh.

That game now looms large as both teams vie for a playoff spot, home field and both are 10-3!

Just wait until the playoffs, if Evans is healthy he will make an impact and certainly be worth that 4th round pick. JMO

I recall that first game against the Steelers where Evans was nothing more then a decoy to allow the other receivers to make plays. The Steelers rolled their coverage at Evans and the result was a 35-7 loss for Pittsburgh.

That game now looms large as both teams vie for a playoff spot, home field and both are 10-3!

The Steelers didn't lose because of Evans. They lost because of turnovers and they couldn't stop the run.

Evans is irrelevant on that team and he even looks slower than when he was starting to decline with the Bills. The decline in speed hurts him on the only thing he can do and that is run straight and deep.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever