Plausible GM Candidates If We Don't Make The Playoffs In 2012?

Wouldn't surprise me if Buddy Nix stepped down after next years draft. Talked to Buddy in the club last month and could tell the stress on his face. He's aged since I had the chance two years ago to welcome him back at a December Booster meeting.

Perhaps Buddy found out that Ralph is a vampire, and can live more than 500 years...

No sense changing GM's until a new owner takes over.

Agreed. Just keep things the way they are. No top GM or coach or FA is coming here until long term ownership is in place. Why take a job when your boss is one stopped 90-something heartbeat away from getting replaced. Everyone in the league knows the Bills are a place where your career goes to die.

Wouldn't surprise me if Buddy Nix stepped down after next years draft. Talked to Buddy in the club last month and could tell the stress on his face. He's aged since I had the chance two years ago to welcome him back at a December Booster meeting.

I've been saying this for several months now. I think Nix will last until the end of next season at the latest, and it wouldn't surprise me if he bolted after this season.

One potential, Rob Davis. He's the Director of Player Development for Green Bay. Guy who has worked for a smallish market franchise, with an obvious eye for talent. Maybe Bobby Grier, the Associate Director of Pro Personnel for the Texans. He has been in the trenches for an organization that has had am actual successful "rebuilding" phase.

One potential, Rob Davis. He's the Director of Player Development for Green Bay. Guy who has worked for a smallish market franchise, with an obvious eye for talent. Maybe Bobby Grier, the Associate Director of Pro Personnel for the Texans. He has been in the trenches for an organization that has had am actual successful "rebuilding" phase.

Seem like good choices to me. There's also AJ Smith, if Ralph requires someone he knows. Smith is likely to be fired unless we saved his job yesterday. I forget if Smith hates Ralph or not; he's certainly a flawed choice.

Eric DeCosta would be a great hire, if it's possible to lure him away from Baltimore. I don't get the sense Ozzie plans to retire anytime soon, so if DeCosta wants a top job, this is his window.

Doug Whaley doesn't strike me as a terrible option, all things considered.

Seem like good choices to me. There's also AJ Smith, if Ralph requires someone he knows. Smith is likely to be fired unless we saved his job yesterday. I forget if Smith hates Ralph or not; he's certainly a flawed choice.

Eric DeCosta would be a great hire, if it's possible to lure him away from Baltimore. I don't get the sense Ozzie plans to retire anytime soon, so if DeCosta wants a top job, this is his window.

Doug Whaley doesn't strike me as a terrible option, all things considered.

Bingo!!!

He is plausible, because he is already there...as Lancaster Steve mentions, perhaps Buddy plans on stepping down. If he does, it would be logical to hand the reigns over to your "assistant GM", or why bother having one? I would love to see somebody like Whaley get a shot, as we are not likely to land a top level candidate. Whaley could be the next Polian type...and his connections are to the Steelers, a team that knows how to do things, in today's NFL. He is young, and honeslty, I think he has been a major upgrade as director of pro-player personnel, than the "Guy" he replaced. Assuming Ralph is around for a while longer, and a new owner does't have his own ideas, I say, Whaley is the guy.