Anyone notice the goal line stance

I saw it more as an indictment of Mendenhall.

If Spiller were stuffed at the line so badly 4 times in a row, the torches and pitchforks crowd would be storming the Ralph. The first hit by Gocong was decent, but one shot that stopped Mendenhall wasnt that big, and another time he danced in the hole instead of driving forward.

Good plays by Gocong though, dont mean to take anything away from him.

I saw it more as an indictment of Mendenhall.

If Spiller were stuffed at the line so badly 4 times in a row, the torches and pitchforks crowd would be storming the Ralph. The first hit by Gocong was decent, but one shot that stopped Mendenhall wasnt that big, and another time he danced in the hole instead of driving forward.

Good plays by Gocong though, dont mean to take anything away from him.

That hit on first down registered a 7.5 on the Strattonometer, it was much more than decent.

So...who thinks that Greg Lloyd gets suspended for his hit on McCoy?

By the Browns last night? 1st and goal from the 2, and Chris GoCong stopped the Steelers on 4 consecutive runs up the middle!

It sucks we can't find a fuggin' Linebacker :censored::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The Browns run defense allows 20 more yards per game than the Bills do.

That hit on first down registered a 7.5 on the Strattonometer, it was much more than decent.

So...who thinks that Greg Lloyd gets suspended for his hit on McCoy?

Ha, yes it was a nice hit.

It was James Harrison (as usual) and he should be suspended 4 games.

If the numbers that I saw are accurate the Bills have been run on 333 times this season, the Browns 437 times.

YPA are similar with the Browns edging out the Bills.

The Browns have also played Houston, Denver, Jacksonville, and San Francisco who are 1,2,3,4 in rushing attempts respectively. It's usually been the case that the more attempts against a D the lower the YPA.

Thanks, my bad...I knew that but a temporary brainfart inhibited the proper firing of neutrons which led to my slip up. :oops:

No prob! When in doubt, go with Harrison if you're discussing dirty hits. LOL

The league needs to come down hard on him at this point. He's been given too many chances to change it himself, he's been given too many slaps on the wrist for very dangerous plays.

If Suh gets 2 games for stomping (and mostly missing), then Harrison should get at least 4. The hit was late, and even if you want to give him that, it was unacceptably high. Harrison is obviously doing it on purpose. Suspend him and he can retire if he wants to pout.

At least IMO.

the steelers basically called the same running play 4 times in a row just to different sides of the line

any run to the outside or playaction would have scored easily

Gocong is average at best but looked good on that series

The Browns have also played Houston, Denver, Jacksonville, and San Francisco who are 1,2,3,4 in rushing attempts respectively. It's usually been the case that the more attempts against a D the lower the YPA.

Your statement was that the Browns give up more yards/game than the Bills. Was it true? Yes. Is it the complete story? No. You would expect a team that is run on 10 more times/game to give up more yards/game.

Trust me, in the same situation the Bills would have given up the TD on 1st or 2nd down. (as a matter of fact, they have) The Bills have given up 14 rushing TDs to the Browns 10. Is that because they are run on more frequently for less YPA?

No prob! When in doubt, go with Harrison if you're discussing dirty hits. LOL

The league needs to come down hard on him at this point. He's been given too many chances to change it himself, he's been given too many slaps on the wrist for very dangerous plays.

If Suh gets 2 games for stomping (and mostly missing), then Harrison should get at least 4. The hit was late, and even if you want to give him that, it was unacceptably high. Harrison is obviously doing it on purpose. Suspend him and he can retire if he wants to pout.

At least IMO.

The hit was not late, it came at the exact second Colt was throwing the ball. further, the hit was not a "blindside" hit, Colt could clearly see what was coming. Finally, Harrison tried to move his head out of Colt's way before making contact. What about the fact that Colt made no effort to get out of the way. Should he be fined for making head to head contact w/ Harrison. I understand the need to protect the QB, but when a QB is running straight at a LB, and the LB moves his head down to attempt to avoid contact, it should be a small fine. Stoping on someone after the play is totally different.

The hit was not late, it came at the exact second Colt was throwing the ball. further, the hit was not a "blindside" hit, Colt could clearly see what was coming. Finally, Harrison tried to move his head out of Colt's way before making contact. What about the fact that Colt made no effort to get out of the way. Should he be fined for making head to head contact w/ Harrison. I understand the need to protect the QB, but when a QB is running straight at a LB, and the LB moves his head down to attempt to avoid contact, it should be a small fine. Stoping on someone after the play is totally different.

For the sake of this, I'll give you that it wasnt late. But it was after Colt threw the ball.

Yes, Colt could "see it coming" because Harrison planted the crown of his helmet directly in Colt's facemask. That is ILLEGAL in any manner.

As you say, it wasnt late, so how could Colt avoid the hit? He was worried about throwing the pass. Harrison could have hit him properly and it would have been clean. He consciously decided to hit him upright and put his helmet in his face. Harrison never moved his face down, he's only 5'10 and McCoy is 6'1", if he wanted to lower his head he couldve easily hit him clean. But Harrison simply refuses to do so. He apparently doesnt get the simple message the league is trying to send.

Scumbag needs to be suspended. We're talking the possibility of serious brain injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

For the sake of this, I'll give you that it wasnt late. But it was after Colt threw the ball.

Yes, Colt could "see it coming" because Harrison planted the crown of his helmet directly in Colt's facemask. That is ILLEGAL in any manner.

As you say, it wasnt late, so how could Colt avoid the hit? He was worried about throwing the pass. Harrison could have hit him properly and it would have been clean. He consciously decided to hit him upright and put his helmet in his face. Harrison never moved his face down, he's only 5'10 and McCoy is 6'1", if he wanted to lower his head he couldve easily hit him clean. But Harrison simply refuses to do so. He apparently doesnt get the simple message the league is trying to send.

Scumbag needs to be suspended. We're talking the possibility of serious brain injury.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90

Some good points. But I still disagree. Notice at the end that after Colt releases the ball he moves his head down to see where it's giong. In doing so, he moves his head into Harrison's helmet. If Colt had not moved, Harrison would have had a clean hit. He was lowering his left shoulder to perform a regular tackle, and then boom, Colt, not paying attention to the fact there is a huge LB right in front of him, moves his head into the oncoming LB. Small fine.

Some good points. But I still disagree. Notice at the end that after Colt releases the ball he moves his head down to see where it's giong. In doing so, he moves his head into Harrison's helmet. If Colt had not moved, Harrison would have had a clean hit. He was lowering his left shoulder to perform a regular tackle, and then boom, Colt, not paying attention to the fact there is a huge LB right in front of him, moves his head into the oncoming LB. Small fine.

Completely disagree from what is in that video.