Star Wars: The Old Republic

/dev/null

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 18 sith warrior. My laptop is not that strong so I'm playing on the lowest settings for now until I decide if I want to upgrade.

While you on the Drommand Kaas quest series, did you kill Darth Grantham, bone his wife, and make your slave girl watch?

Vette wasn't too happy with me that day :lol:

While you on the Drommand Kaas quest series, did you kill Darth Grantham, bone his wife, and make your slave girl watch?

Vette wasn't too happy with me that day :lol:

I did kill his wife and son but I did not kill Grantham (or maybe I did and forgot)?

Yes Vette only likes me because I give her expensive gifts (that she went out and got for me) :w00t:

Though I am debating if I should drop the $800 on a new machine. The FPS drops can be maddening.

I did kill his wife and son but I did not kill Grantham (or maybe I did and forgot)?

Yes Vette only likes me because I give her expensive gifts (that she went out and got for me) :w00t:

Though I am debating if I should drop the $800 on a new machine. The FPS drops can be maddening.

That's what I love about this game, your choices affect the missions

After you defeat the son and mother, you have the option to kill them. But the mother wants to talk and tells you that she hates her husband. Her husband wears some kind of mask, so she proposes that you instead kill her husband. The son would wear Grantham's mask and take his place. Thus Grantham would appear to still be around and the son would be gone.

I chose to kill Grantham. Came back and one of the options was a [FLIRT] for her to show her appreciation. She was willing, but Vette objected and I lost small amount of affection. I decided to go thru with it anyways and lost more affection.

Then the wife asks if I was going to dismiss my slave while we were busy. I responded that where I go, Vette follows

Vette was NOT happy with that :lol:

Screen fades away for a moment and comes back. Lady Grantham said something about next time we meet, and I pretty much told her she wouldn't see me again

That's what I love about this game, your choices affect the missions

After you defeat the son and mother, you have the option to kill them. But the mother wants to talk and tells you that she hates her husband. Her husband wears some kind of mask, so she proposes that you instead kill her husband. The son would wear Grantham's mask and take his place. Thus Grantham would appear to still be around and the son would be gone.

I chose to kill Grantham. Came back and one of the options was a [FLIRT] for her to show her appreciation. She was willing, but Vette objected and I lost small amount of affection. I decided to go thru with it anyways and lost more affection.

Then the wife asks if I was going to dismiss my slave while we were busy. I responded that where I go, Vette follows

Vette was NOT happy with that :lol:

Screen fades away for a moment and comes back. Lady Grantham said something about next time we meet, and I pretty much told her she wouldn't see me again

Ah. The thing is I want to be as dark side as possible so I'm always taking the dark side option even if it might be better to take the light side. I might modify my approach as I level up.

On the upside, I just purchased an i5 750 Quad core off a friend with a Nvidia GTX 460 for about $400 used, Win 7 included. I've been playing with choppy graphics but it should be much better now.

My next character will definitely be a jedi knight.

Ah. The thing is I want to be as dark side as possible so I'm always taking the dark side option even if it might be better to take the light side. I might modify my approach as I level up.

I'm going dark side too, almost to Dark IV. My red Sith guy is looking kind of pinkish with very dark discoloration around the eyes and face.

I ususally take the Dark Side option, but sometimes the light option looks like it might be more interesting for the story line. There was one in particular on Nar Shaada (mid 20's) where I had the option for Dark Side points or no Dark or Light points. That option looked like it might lead to something interesting and I was right.

Ran into a squad of Republic Troopers during Warrior Class Quest. They saw me in action and wanted no part of me. They said maybe they could help me some time in the future (no points) or I could attack (dark points).

The final WCQ on Nar Shaada had me go to face Darth Somebody face to face. Obviously a trap. I don't remember if it was Vette or the quest contact, but one of them suggested that now would be a good time to call in my favor from the Troopers.

Go to face Darth Somebody, yep it's a trap. But I came preparted. Troopers came in and fought alongside me. I win

Then comes another dillema. Speaking to the defeated Darth Somebody, you get the choice to kill him (dark points) or he pledges his allegience to you whenever you decide to kill Baras (no dark or light points). I figure he may prove useful so I let him live. Later that day I had a mail from him with some item.

After the Darth Somebody conversation was over came yet another dillema. The debt with the Troopers has been paid. Kill them (Dark) or let them walk. I may be evil, but I do have a personal sense of honor

I'm going dark side too, almost to Dark IV. My red Sith guy is looking kind of pinkish with very dark discoloration around the eyes and face.

I ususally take the Dark Side option, but sometimes the light option looks like it might be more interesting for the story line. There was one in particular on Nar Shaada (mid 20's) where I had the option for Dark Side points or no Dark or Light points. That option looked like it might lead to something interesting and I was right.

Ran into a squad of Republic Troopers during Warrior Class Quest. They saw me in action and wanted no part of me. They said maybe they could help me some time in the future (no points) or I could attack (dark points).

The final WCQ on Nar Shaada had me go to face Darth Somebody face to face. Obviously a trap. I don't remember if it was Vette or the quest contact, but one of them suggested that now would be a good time to call in my favor from the Troopers.

Go to face Darth Somebody, yep it's a trap. But I came preparted. Troopers came in and fought alongside me. I win

Then comes another dillema. Speaking to the defeated Darth Somebody, you get the choice to kill him (dark points) or he pledges his allegience to you whenever you decide to kill Baras (no dark or light points). I figure he may prove useful so I let him live. Later that day I had a mail from him with some item.

After the Darth Somebody conversation was over came yet another dillema. The debt with the Troopers has been paid. Kill them (Dark) or let them walk. I may be evil, but I do have a personal sense of honor

I think this post sums up why this game is awesome :lol:

Can't wait to see it with full graphics. :thumbsup:

Playing on a good machine has really upped my enjoyment of the game.

Level 22 Sith Warrior.

Sith warriors (Marauders & Juggernauts) have an awesome story line. One of my friends plays an Imperial Agent and he loves tagging along on my missions just to watch the story.

Plus you get a hot evil slutty apprentice.

Be careful when you meet Jaesa. Your choice of dialog affects which Jaesa you get. There is a lightside and darkside Jaeasa. Lightside Jaesa from what I've read isn't as entertaining.

Sith warriors (Marauders & Juggernauts) have an awesome story line. One of my friends plays an Imperial Agent and he loves tagging along on my missions just to watch the story.

Plus you get a hot evil slutty apprentice.

Be careful when you meet Jaesa. Your choice of dialog affects which Jaesa you get. There is a lightside and darkside Jaeasa. Lightside Jaesa from what I've read isn't as entertaining.

I'm back to school and work until June so I won't have much time to play. Maybe a quick 30 min per day. I definitely won't hit level 50 for a while.

A buddy of mine was talking about this game last night, he was talking about having to do "missions/quests" and from his discription (talking about a mission to kill someones wife because they were both cheating and he came up with a storey to say she was spying for the republic?) I asked if they just replaced the characters from Grand theft auto with Guys with Lightsabers. Thought that could make a good game too crossing over Gradn Theft Auto with Star Wars, stealing the millenium falcon, or some landspeeders, then going off to kill Jar-jar Binks for no good reason (like beating up hookers or pedestrians in GTA)

A buddy of mine was talking about this game last night, he was talking about having to do "missions/quests" and from his discription (talking about a mission to kill someones wife because they were both cheating and he came up with a storey to say she was spying for the republic?) I asked if they just replaced the characters from Grand theft auto with Guys with Lightsabers. Thought that could make a good game too crossing over Gradn Theft Auto with Star Wars, stealing the millenium falcon, or some landspeeders, then going off to kill Jar-jar Binks for no good reason (like beating up hookers or pedestrians in GTA)

:lol:

Grand Theft Star Destroyer

I remember this quest. Yes, this game is awesome. :devil:

Never been into MMO, but a bunch of people at work have been talking about it and are apparently going to form a guild.

Do none of you geeks find it even a little bit odd that part of this includes consciously forming something that was only previously attempted by three Munchkins and a lollipop?

• 3 weeks later...

Impressed with this game so far. the class stories keep the game interesting when you cant find groups. Playing a bounty hunter and Jedi knight so far, but I might try a few others just for the fun of it. Believe my server is the corillian

Impressed with this game so far. the class stories keep the game interesting when you cant find groups. Playing a bounty hunter and Jedi knight so far, but I might try a few others just for the fun of it. Believe my server is the corillian

Even without a group the game is interesting. I pretty much solo'd a Sith marauder up to level 50. Have a RL friend who plays a healer that we teamed up some, but probably 85%+ up to 50 is soloable

After you complete the first Chapter 1 on any of your toons you unlock the Legacy system. Right now Legacy only gives a last name shared among all your toons on the same server.

I'm on server Juyo. If you see anybody with last name Jedislayer's running around that's me. Thus far I'm Darth Erie Jedislayer (Marauder/Anihilation) and Lord Eriepa Jedislayer (Sorceror/Lightning).

I've also started a Republic Jedi named Bader. I've seen several Jedi around and noticed that they earn the title Master. I'm not playing it much but eventually I shall earn the title Master Bader