Thinking of throwing in the towel

Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to the draft. Same with free agency, and you can bet your asss that I'll be front and center for kickoff 2012, just like I was this year. And it'll be the same the year after that, and the year after that. When they play like crap, I simply change over to the RedZone channel a bit...simple as that. There are lots of fans who get mad, frustrated, and refuse to spend any more money on the team until they put a winner on the field. Nothing wrong with that...I don't know many Bills fans who AREN'T frustrated. When you start talking about taking your ball and going home, though, that's pretty lame.

So you're saying I'm suppose to keeping spending my money on the NFL Sunday Ticket (which keeps getting more expensive each year), keep going to games when I'm in the Buffalo area, keep buying Bills merchandise and keep "BILL-EVING" no matter how long the team sucks? Up until the Bills started tanking this season, I was just like you and would rag on people for trashing the team, but I realize now that if we don't voice our displeasure with the team, keep buying merchandise & going to the games, then the Bills FO will do nothing to change. Call it taking my ball & going home and call it lame, what's lame is how bad the Bills have been for so long and how lame the Bills FO is for putting such a bad team on the field for so long.

But hey, keep being a "BILL-E-VER", maybe Boss Hogg won't be asleep on the first day of free agency. Maybe Boss Hogg & Cooter won't draft another luxury pick (like Spiller) in the first round again.

Also, if I'm not going to support the Bills, then I'm not supporting any other football team.

My Christmas wish to Santa, is that Terry Pegula buys the Bills.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying I'm suppose to keeping spending my money on the NFL Sunday Ticket (which keeps getting more expensive each year), keep going to games when I'm in the Buffalo area, keep buying Bills merchandise and keep "BILL-EVING" no matter how long the team sucks? Up until the Bills started tanking this season, I was just like you and would rag on people for trashing the team, but I realize now that if we don't voice our displeasure with the team, keep buying merchandise & going to the games, then the Bills FO will do nothing to change. Call it taking my ball & going home and call it lame, what's lame is how bad the Bills have been for so long and how lame the Bills FO is for putting such a bad team on the field for so long.

But hey, keep being a "BILL-E-VER", maybe Boss Hogg won't be asleep on the first day of free agency. Maybe Boss Hogg & Cooter won't draft another luxury pick (like Spiller) in the first round again.

Also, if I'm not going to support the Bills, then I'm not supporting any other football team.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is so true: "maybe Boss Hogg won't be asleep on the first day of free agency. Maybe Boss Hogg & Cooter won't draft another luxury pick (like Spiller) in the first round again"...LMAO @ Boss Hogg & Cooter!!

I really don't give a flying fanooter what you do, man. I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Sure sounds like you care, since you keep replying.

This is a message board. That's what people do on them.

EDIT: You know what's weird? Out of the 42 threads you've posted in, half of them were started by Jerry Jabber.

EDIT #2: And in most of those threads, you're right there to blow sunshine right up Jerry Jabber's rear. Do you have a man crush on Jerry Jabber or something? Or are you and Jerry Jabber the same person and you're posting behind yourself so you look better on a message board? lol I really hope it's the former, cause the latter would be even more pathetic than being a bandwagon jumper!

Edited by ajzepp

This is a message board. That's what people do on them.

EDIT: You know what's weird? Out of the 42 threads you've posted in, half of them were started by Jerry Jabber.

First, you said you didn't care what JJ thinks, but yet you replied a bunch of times.

Second, JJ & I are good friends, he's the one that got me into TBD. So what if I posted in a lot of his threads.

First, you said you didn't care what JJ thinks, but yet you replied a bunch of times.

Second, JJ & I are good friends, he's the one that got me into TBD. So what if I posted in a lot of his threads.

Yep, whenever there's Jerry Jabber, there's Mike Oxhurts right behind him with the sunshine!

And I'm sorry you don't understand the concept of a message board...I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Yep, whenever there's Jerry Jabber, there's Mike Oxhurts right behind him with the sunshine!

And I'm sorry you don't understand the concept of a message board...I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Go get a straw and suck it up already!!

I'm sorry that you can't be me & JJ's buddy. It's painfully obvious that you have a massive man crush on us, with tracking all the same threads that JJ & I have posted in.

Go get a straw and suck it up already!!

I'm sorry that you can't be me & JJ's buddy. It's painfully obvious that you have a massive man crush on us, with tracking all the same threads that JJ & I have posted in.

You got me good with that one, Jerry.

You ladies carry on with your whining... :rolleyes:

Most people here don't know it, but TSW is actually a "decoy website" (like Outkube.com) that is designed solely to allow intelligent discussion elsewhere on the Internet:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-decoy-website-launched-to-lure-away-all-moroni,26393/

SAN JOSE, CA—With funding from dozens of news outlets and media companies, the groundbreaking Outkube.com launched this week, providing an online destination where pandering and incendiary content is used to lure moronic Internet commenters away from all other websites.

"Outkube provides an immensely valuable public service," said YouTube CEO Salar Kamangar, one of the decoy website's founders and principal investors. "With its unparalleled expanse of sensational content and lack of filters or character limits on postings, Outkube attracts the broadest possible spectrum of jabbering halfwits—from paranoid reactionaries to know-it-all pricks to racists to plain old dumbf*cks."

"Now you can read an article or enjoy multimedia on your favorite websites without having to endure the revolting, barely coherent comments these troglodytes used to leave at the bottom of every page," Kamangar continued. "At long last, a new era has dawned for the Internet."

"This is a godsend," said Kenneth Estenson of CNN, which owns a major stake in Outkube. "We've seen a huge drop in the number of CNN.com commenters accusing one another of being !@#$ing retard dipsh*ts, and the once common practice among users of equating any viewpoint they do not personally share to the philosophy of the Taliban has almost entirely disappeared."

Added Estenson: "It's astonishing. A group of our site's users actually had an intelligent discussion yesterday about the justice system in the Amanda Knox case without being consistently interrupted by speculation about Ms. Knox's t*ts or her quote-unquote 'taco.' I never could have dreamed this day would come."

Although Outkube sources admitted the site required little oversight—with nearly all posts devolving on their own into heated exchanges over the Koran's alleged endorsement of wife-beating, whether Adam Lambert should get AIDS and die, or the government's secret plan to mentally incapacitate citizens using the HPV vaccine—the site does employ moderators to ensure threads stay as active and idiotic as possible.

"Internet commenters are so inherently dim that, by simply responding to their ridiculous rants with an equally inflammatory statement—for example, by accusing them of engaging in homosexual acts or belittling their favored sports star or political candidate—these imbeciles can't help but react with outrage and continue to engage with our site," Outkube webmaster Sean Hawk said. "They take the bait every time."

"Christ, they're stupid," he added.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I can't imagine bailing now, when we are so close to the ultimate event horizon as Bills fans. Ralph is ancient, he is going to be gone soon, then we will either lose the team via relocation or, for the first time ever, experience the Bills under new ownership. The days are growing short, the team is at least mildly amusing to watch compared to the Jauron era, how could you pull the plug when armageddon is close at hand?

WELL SAID. It is the end of something for sure...will it be the beginning as well??? Who can stop watching a train wreck in progress?

Edited by nineteen sixty four

Most people here don't know it, but TSW is actually a "decoy website" (like Outkube.com) that is designed solely to allow intelligent discussion elsewhere on the Internet:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-decoy-website-launched-to-lure-away-all-moroni,26393/

lol...it's confined to TSW, though, cause over on Off the Wall we typically have very intelligent discussions. Well, aside from when Jboyst tricks me into talking about sex with cows...but aside from that, it's nowhere near as full of tards as this side of the fence is.

And I don't know about anyone else, but up until a few years ago, I had never even heard the word "Troglodyte". I'm at the point now where I'd have to say that word has jumped the shark. Time for people to find a new long, fancy word that nobody has ever heard in order to make themselves feel smarter than they are.

How about the population of Bills fans in college or younger? All they can remember is total ineptitude.

How do the Bills expect their fan base to grow if they havent been the the playoffs in 12 years? They're absolutely killing a total generation of fans.

that's a huge problem. Old guys like myself have memories of wins and big games. The younger fans (20's and 30's) haven't seen that it person. Until you see your team, in red-white-blue, kicking butt in the NFL for an entire season, for multiple seasons - - -it's just a fantasy.

GO BILLS!

oh :lol:

Well trust me, three years from now you'll be sick of it!

I'm already sick of it, and I've only heard of it once.

that's a huge problem. Old guys like myself have memories of wins and big games. The younger fans (20's and 30's) haven't seen that it person. Until you see your team, in red-white-blue, kicking butt in the NFL for an entire season, for multiple seasons - - -it's just a fantasy.

GO BILLS!

I'll say it again. My first 12 years of fandom 68-80, we had exactly one playoff game. Not much different than kids growing up today. Made 80-81 and 88-99 that much better!

This season is a low point for every Bills fan that really cares about the team. We started out 5-2, and have gone in the TANK ever since. This happened in 2008, and is happening again now. You blame our 5 game loss on injuries. I don't think so Mr. Pollyanna!! Every team has injuries. That is why we have a 53 man roster. Everyone on your roster needs to be NFL caliber. Half the guys on our roster are sadly not at that level. And most of the others would not start on a majority of the teams in the league. Look at our defense-absolutely pathetic. We have one LB who can play. Our D line is just as bad. Maybe Dareus will be a stud one day. But he has not shown me enuf to anoint him as anything but just another guy at this point. The secondary has been a joke. McKelvin, Mcgee and Florence as your top three CB's? Enuf said.

The Offense has nothing at WR. Don't tell me that Stevie J is a big time player. He has not dominated at all this year. Woo hoo-he averaged 8 yards a catch against Revis. The best receiver on the team is Scott Chandler. He actually is a player. Not a gamebreaker, but he can play.

Think about thinks with a little more intellect before talking like Mr. Martyr. This has been a HORRIBLE run since 2001. When things looked to be turning around, they have collapsed again. I think most of us feel desperate about the situation because we do not see an organization, including a head coach that has what it takes to turn things around. A lot of us feels like management just does not care. And they may not, to be quite honest.

But I will always support them. Just don't make judgments on others when they can come back and root or not. We all have our ways of grieving about what has become a very bad situation as far as this team is concerned.

Uhmmmm he averaged closer to 10 yards a catch against revis....he was beating revis all game...he draws double teams....coaches around the league and players know he can be defended one on one....last week against the titans because of the coverage he drew...brad smith was open twice (fitz was off) .... it even was giving the TE one on ones ...... and he was playing hurt for most of the season...

Name a team that can lose its most productive offensive player and defensive player....the only two reasons that you are above average and still win? It jus doesn't happen that way.....

I really don't give a flying fanooter what you do, man. I just call 'em as I see 'em.

I just can't get over that avatar,and "the Baby sharted" Is that the baby from Buddy Nix's show me the baby line? If so, too much...:worthy:

Anyway, what most posters here, and most Buffalo Bills fans just don't get for whatever reason Is ... this owner doesn't care if the Bills field a winning team. What he care most about is filling the stadium and making a profit, winning is secondary to this owner.

When the fans stop buying season tickets, stop buying merchandise and the team is in real jeopardy of not making a profit to support the FW family! Only then he will sit up and take notice. Only then will he might actually spend the money to hire a top HC.

It looked for awhile something might happen with Bill Cowher, someone in the Bills FO was throwing around the possibility that the Bills would spend 10 million on a real coach, I wonder who shot that idea down.