Although the Bills lost today...

Gareson

Although the Bills lost today, they played better than I thought. But it doesnt make me feel better. This loss has just cleared up some thoughts Ive read here or heard on talk shows.

1) George Edwards, CB Blitzing on 3rd and 11? I feel a change is needed. I dont feel the Bills lack talent on defense as much as offense. Barnett, Florence, Wilson, Byrd, K Williams, McGee, Dareus, Merriman hell I even like Arthur Moats. The problem lies in the scheme and instruction, not as much the play. With the exception for McKelvin, and a few others, I feel we have a good roster.

2) Spiller needs more time or a different team.

3) Stevie Johnson isnt worth top reciever money. Just play bro! He has style and personality, swagger or what not. But we are more interested in your football skills. Until he proves reliable he isnt worth the monitary risk. I do believe he can play and should be resigned but he needs to chill out.

4) Fitz wasnt actually bad. A couple dropped balls from guys he should depend on lately (Jones, Spiller on that long ball, Stevie.) makes you look bad. His decision making in some situations needs some tuning. But I trust Fitz. Im glad we resigned him. I wouldnt put this loss on the QB as much on the defense, special teams, dropped balls. Fitz proved he can play to me. He shows heart, and cares about this football team. I think we can win with him.

5) Not a playoff caliber team yet. Need depth, especially on offense and some sort of identity on defense.

Yeah, if the thread title made you think this would be a glass half full post...forget it.

Here is the ending:

(choose from below)

a. they proved they are not a clutch team

b. Fitzpatrick's "Harvard decision-making" skill is way overrated(runs around on two plays in final drive taking time off the clock)

c. they proved they deserve to get beaten by so-so teams

d. this wasn't a close game against a good team, it was a close game against a Jets team with issues...that makes the Bills look even worse in the long run

I'll let the "Billievers" do their usual "The Bills really showed me something today" threads...while we watch the losses pile up. They must reap the fruit of their delusions of grandeur.

Hey they crushed us last time :D

Yeah, if the thread title made you think this would be a glass half full post...forget it.

Here is the ending:

(choose from below)

a. they proved they are not a clutch team

b. Fitzpatrick's "Harvard decision-making" skill is way overrated(runs around on two plays in final drive taking time off the clock)

c. they proved they deserve to get beaten by so-so teams

d. this wasn't a close game against a good team, it was a close game against a Jets team with issues...that makes the Bills look even worse in the long run

I'll let the "Billievers" do their usual "The Bills really showed me something today" threads...while we watch the losses pile up. They must reap the fruit of their delusions of grandeur.

Come on Man they played really well they were in it until the last play. The Jets are a better team than the Bills. The Bills were a nine point underdog going into the game.

I don't get the bickering in posts like these. Did anyone really believe we were a playoff team coming into the season? We played great when our stars were healthy. As they went down, one by one, we lost worse and worse. We need to fill a few key holes and add DEPTH. If we're not destroyed by the injury bug next year, let's talk playoffs. I'd be thrilled with an 8-8 finish this year. It would show a huge improvement over last year heading into the offseason. Heck, at 8-8 we might even attract a decent FA or two.

Oh, and anyone who blames Sunday's game on Fitz simply didn't see the game.

But wait...isn't he, like, the smartest quarterback ever? You know...a friggin' genius? I agree Johnson sucked in the end but who was it that kept going back to him? They are both to blame. Plus, maybe Fitz has a couple of more opportunities if he isn't running time off the clock running around instead of throwing away the ball. Surely we can expect the eminent braniac of the Bills organization, Ryan Fitpatrick, to NOT put the game in the hands of, as you put it, a "prima donna".

WRs dropped several passes, including a big one by Johnson on the final drive... The defense couldn't stop or pressure the Jets offense at pivotal moments... Rayner botched that kickoff... Among other issues...

Fitz went 26 of 39, 67% completion rate (that's with all the drops) 298 total yds 3 TDs and 0 INTs against a great Jets secondary and behind a makeshift offensive line... Oh, and he was on the road...

Yeah, I'd put that one completely on Fitzpatrick... :nana:

Today showed me the George Edwards has got to go! 3rd and 11 and with an injury riddles D which hasn't had a good pass rush all year you call a blitz instead of max coverage? Team played well enough to win, but didn't.

"Played well enough to win, but didn't" Why is that?? That's like I ate enought to be full, but I'm not. Huh?

Fitz is our QB and played well today, get a life.

The three game road trip is over. I thought they could maintain a plus .500 through it, they nearly did but couldn't.

Now I see a four game winning streak --or a three and 1 stand before they meet New England. Does New England play stars? The Welker injury years ago tells me no.