I thought the econmy was bad?

B-Large

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/26/black-friday-sales-up-seven-percent_n_1114349.html

I thought the economy was so bad, I guess consumers are certain about their prospects... Too bad all those business owners can't make decision in this uncertain environment.... Because no business ever has had to make moves in times of uncertainty....

:devil:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/26/black-friday-sales-up-seven-percent_n_1114349.html

I thought the economy was so bad, I guess consumers are certain about their prospects... Too bad all those business owners can't make decision in this uncertain environment.... Because no business ever has had to make moves in times of uncertainty....

Idiot shoppers buying tv's they may or may not be able to afford is not a good economic indicator. Someone with concerns about meeting payroll is. BTW you have the ugliest avater I've ever seen here.

I've been drinking a little... I forget the word. Ironic? nope. Anyway, I went shopping today for dog food. I went to the normally busiest Wal Mart in town and it was a ghost town. I don't think the numbers are going to add up unless someone fudges them. Just saying from my anecdotal observation.

I've been drinking a little... I forget the word. Ironic? nope. Anyway, I went shopping today for dog food. I went to the normally busiest Wal Mart in town and it was a ghost town. I don't think the numbers are going to add up unless someone fudges them. Just saying from my anecdotal observation.

Oh. Now I understand your other post.

Black Friday is an evolving fad that has been picking up momentum over the last couple of seasons and probably peaked this year.

Regardless, using a 7% increase over the previous year on ONE DAY as an indicator of the health of the economy at large is about as insightful as the guy (was it DIN?) who said the economy was doing great because iphones were selling well.

Edited by Rob's House

If consumers were certain about their prospects, the wouldn't have waited until the biggest markdown day of the year to satisfy the couple of years of pent-up consumer demand.

Though I hope this holiday season is at least the start of a real recovery...worn-out **** has to be replaced at some point. Consumer demand can't stay pent-up forever.

Idiot shoppers buying tv's they may or may not be able to afford is not a good economic indicator. Someone with concerns about meeting payroll is. BTW you have the ugliest avater I've ever seen here.

Three quarters of the US economy is consumer spending.... I would suggest this is a big indicator.... Guve the Tops all the tax cuts in world, the fact remains the masses are what drive our engine....

Nothing makes me happier than morons buying crap they can't afford and don't need.... I havent spent a dime, a well spend very little..... This guy is not going to coerced into the holiday shopping and present exchange garbage....

Thank you- my avatar is a Sweet Transvestite

Edited by B-Large

Black Friday is an evolving fad that has been picking up momentum over the last couple of seasons and probably peaked this year.

Regardless, using a 7% increase over the previous year on ONE DAY as an indicator of the health of the economy at large is about as insightful as the guy (was it DIN?) who said the economy was doing great because iphones were selling well.

It's not inciteful...? :bag:

I honestly couldn't figure out if your thread title was an intentional pun or just bad spelling.

I'd like to say the former, but sometimes things slip by...post-turkey brain fart I suppose? On the bright side, that may have been DaveinElma's best post ever...