(OT) "Indian Larry" passed away

Dan III

You know, I understand the "live free, ride free" mentality of those who'll ride without the brain bucket. But when performing stunts?

------------------

my aunt is this way....hates riding with a helmet.

But, I saw my grandfather get hit on his bike when I was 10. He flew about 30 yards. His helmet was shaved down to the last layer....and he landed on dirt. He broke all his ribs but came out fine and is still riding today at 75....with a helmet.

Personally, when I'm in Florida and see the people without helmets it pisses me off b/c it is completely selfish. There are other people in the world who rely on you and to not wear a helmet just shows what a fool they are.

Bad subject for me.....I think motorcycle are the worst thing invented by man.

Ask anyone and most people know people who have been killed or injuried badly on motorcycles.

You know, I understand the "live free, ride free" mentality of those who'll ride without the brain bucket. But when performing stunts?

------------------

my aunt is this way....hates riding with a helmet.

But, I saw my grandfather get hit on his bike when I was 10. He flew about 30 yards. His helmet was shaved down to the last layer....and he landed on dirt. He broke all his ribs but came out fine and is still riding today at 75....with a helmet.

Personally, when I'm in Florida and see the people without helmets it pisses me off b/c it is completely selfish. There are other people in the world who rely on you and to not wear a helmet just shows what a fool they are.

Bad subject for me.....I think motorcycle are the worst thing invented by man.

Ask anyone and most people know people who have been killed or injuried badly on motorcycles.

12938[/snapback]

If you think motorcycles are the worst thing ever invented by man, you've obviously never seen what heavy weaponry can do...

I'm pretty sure that there aren't many people who don't know somebody killed in a car wreck or by alcohol. Motorcycles aren't any worse than either of those things, and bikers are the most likely people on this planet to help you when you need it.

I wear a helmet - because it makes sense. I understand people making a personal choice, even one I'd never make.

Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor," said Robert Freeman, chairman of the county board of commissioners

But apparently Indian Larry was NOT that great at thinking things through. You're standing on a motorcyle without wearing a helmet, Indian Larry. Why not drink embalming fluid during your stunt to save people time.

Sorry. I don't know Indian Larry. But Indian Larry was a moron.