MLS Cup

LewPort71

Thanks for reminder, LewPort...I'll definitely be watching.

BTW, Nice win for Herr Klinsmann and the boys in Europe this past week!

just popped in to say, soccer...hahahahahahahhaahhahaha

I know you haven't been around these parts as long as a lot of us, so let me help you out here. There are like twelve soccer fans on TBD. That's up from about eight back in 2006, so we're happy about that. Trolling soccer is encouraged in our threads, but we will not tolerate such lackluster efforts as what you posted above. Please think about what I said here, come up with something more creative, and bring your A-game next time. Trust me, the bar has been set very high by others before you, and we just can't afford to allow the quality of the troll postings to deteriorate at this point.

Thank you for your time ;)

Edited by ajzepp

blablabla I like soccer, wear womens dresses and do not even ask me about my profession. Hobbies include helping disabled cows over fences...and I just said a bunch of crap about how I have some sort of opinion about a game where you run after a stupid ball that is sort of like cross country but you use your feet and pretend to not have arms. This is what I said, so quote me...

Soccer sucks.

I mean you have that Freddy Ado kid who's MIA - he wasn't even cool enough for one name! Pele was the best - he sounds like that little refugee kid, whats better - he looked it. How could anyone want to play soccer? Why even talk about the stupi--

soccer sucks.

<3 love ya AJ, but not as much as Bessie.

Edited by jboyst62

Thanks for reminder, LewPort...I'll definitely be watching.

BTW, Nice win for Herr Klinsmann and the boys in Europe this past week!

I know you haven't been around these parts as long as a lot of us, so let me help you out here. There are like twelve soccer fans on TBD. That's up from about eight back in 2006, so we're happy about that. Trolling soccer is encouraged in our threads, but we will not tolerate such lackluster efforts as what you posted above. Please think about what I said here, come up with something more creative, and bring your A-game next time. Trust me, the bar has been set very high by others before you, and we just can't afford to allow the quality of the troll postings to deteriorate at this point.

Thank you for your time ;)

my sincerest of apologies

Is soccer that one where the surfboard ripped off her shirt that one time?

The very same! In fact, that was the basis for one of my favorite ESPN commercials of all time with Brandi Chastain and Kevin Garnett

Soccer sucks.

I mean you have that Freddy Ado kid who's MIA - he wasn't even cool enough for one name! Pele was the best - he sounds like that little refugee kid, whats better - he looked it. How could anyone want to play soccer? Why even talk about the stupi--

soccer sucks.

<3 love ya AJ, but not as much as Bessie.

mmmm...hot fence action :ph34r:

I think there will be several of us on this board watching.

That's how I know I"m starting to get more interested in MLS. I love when they play their friendlies against the European clubs, and I enjoy keeping tabs on the playoffs. The talent level is there that it's plenty watchable now, and next year I may actually follow the season start to finish. So glad this league is managed by smart folks.

Yes, Im glad Klinsmann is in charge now and his leadership should go a long way to recruit more interest. Looking forward to the MLS finals and then the Euro Cup. The ultimate team sport. I've seen too many NFL players take a play or two off. Soccer/Futbol players are not afforded the "luxury" to that extent. Here's to adding more posters to following a great sport. \~/ cheers!

Yes, Im glad Klinsmann is in charge now and his leadership should go a long way to recruit more interest. Looking forward to the MLS finals and then the Euro Cup. The ultimate team sport. I've seen too many NFL players take a play or two off. Soccer/Futbol players are not afforded the "luxury" to that extent. Here's to adding more posters to following a great sport. \~/ cheers!

Right on! Glad to have your enthusiasm in these threads :thumbsup:

I still can't believe we finally signed Klinsmann...I often even forget that it actually happened. I know that this guy will get us on the right path if they give him the time and the control that he needs.

I'm going to pick Houston only because they have a cooler name. Dynamo!! :thumbsup:

I don't really care which team wins cause no team has gotten my allegiance. But it will still be kewl to watch and looking for an exciting match. Galaxy is bigger than a dynamo tho :-p

Right on! Glad to have your enthusiasm in these threads :thumbsup:

I still can't believe we finally signed Klinsmann...I often even forget that it actually happened. I know that this guy will get us on the right path if they give him the time and the control that he needs.

Aj, thanks for keeping us informed on such a great sport! Your efforts help me keep an open mind to more than just the NFL.

I don't really care which team wins cause no team has gotten my allegiance. But it will still be kewl to watch and looking for an exciting match. Galaxy is bigger than a dynamo tho :-p

Aj, thanks for keeping us informed on such a great sport! Your efforts help me keep an open mind to more than just the NFL.

You got it, man! That's why I appreciate Gringo, LewPort, Meazza, and others,cause sometimes I focus so much on the NFL and college football that I forget about an upcoming friendly, or a qualifier, or some other match of interest, and usually someone will chime in with a reminder.

Soccer is such a great sport, the main reason I don't mind when others want to troll it is because I honestly feel bad that they don't see it in the same way that the rest of us do! lol I feel like they're missing out on such a great game. But I'm proud of the way this country has embraced the MLS and soccer in general. Most of us agree it will never be mainstream, but it's grown past that of a niche and that's exciting. The MLS teams are able to attract some of the aging greats from around the world, their attendance is up, and they've been able to afford soccer-only stadiums in many of their markets....such as the one in Philly that I've been so enamored with, right on the water :thumbsup:

I've always supported the MLS from afar, but in a manner of speaking I felt that my taste was better than that for quite a while. When I do take in a match, I will always choose a Champions League match, or EPL match, over an MLS one. But tomorrow I'll be front and center for kickoff, and it'll be great to see how far the MLS has grown.

I'm psyched!

Thanks for the props Aj.

Soccer is a great game.

But it is a whole lot better live than on TV.

I get to see a lot of live soccer as I

refereed 50 HS matches this year,

Totally agree there! I used to go to the Kansas City Comets back in the mid-80s when the MISL (indoor soccer) was still in business. That was a blast! But yeah, as well as it translates to the tv, it's even better live :thumbsup:

When we lived near Cleveland we went to many

of the indoor matches at the Richfield Colesium.

And there is nothing like going to a World Cup

match. 1999 Womens World Cup in Washington DC.

USA over Germany

When we lived near Cleveland we went to many

of the indoor matches at the Richfield Colesium.

And there is nothing like going to a World Cup

match. 1999 Womens World Cup in Washington DC.

USA over Germany

Two things on my bucket list...go to a WC match, preferably involving the US, and hit up an EPL match.