The 5 Greatest Sports Movies of All Time

I respectfully disagree...I thought "Big Fan" was really good, and the end was, for me, maybe one of the best movie endings I have seen in a long long time...it is up there, for me with "Buffalo '66" as one of the great, quirky, and very dark, sports movies of all time...

Also, I thought "Friday Night Lights" was a terrific movie...and I dug "Everybody's All-American", even though Dennis Quaid, John Goodman and Jessica Lange all looked a little too old for their roles, for most of the movie. And, "Slap Shot" was one of my favorites as a kid..."He Got Game" was another good one.

Good call there, that's an underrated movie. Tough to make people look the right age for a story that spans 25 years, but they did a reasonable job.

Same issue for another great movie I forgot but others mentioned --- The Natural. I'd put that one on my honorable mention list to, if not in my Top 5. The direction and cinematogrophy in that movie is brilliant.

p.s. nice rant tgreg. And I agree that Rocky is a better movie than Raging Bull.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic