Cookie Gilchrist Article

Nice article today in NY Daily News on Cookie Gilchrist. Going back to when I was 8 years old growing up in New Jersey, my first game I saw was against the NY Jets who all rooted for in my neighborhood. After I saw Cookie eat up the Jets that day I became a Bills fan ever since. Thought this article was a good human interest topic for one of our all time greats. The guy was a monster if you did not see him play. Enjoy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-cop-chris-garbarino-tribute-tough-cookie-gilchrist-biography-article-1.978880?localLinksEnabled=false

Nice article today in NY Daily News on Cookie Gilchrist. Going back to when I was 8 years old growing up in New Jersey, my first game I saw was against the NY Jets who all rooted for in my neighborhood. After I saw Cookie eat up the Jets that day I became a Bills fan ever since. Thought this article was a good human interest topic for one of our all time greats. The guy was a monster if you did not see him play. Enjoy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-cop-chris-garbarino-tribute-tough-cookie-gilchrist-biography-article-1.978880?localLinksEnabled=false

I highly recommend Garbarino's book. He has been sending me drafts of the book for comments and editing throughout the writing process. Good insight into Cookie, written in Cookie's own words.

I am not sure if it has been released yet. If not, it should be out shortly.

Very intersting read. Gilchrest was a boyhood idol of mine for his feats on our gridiron. I recall many of the zany stories about him from that era -which was very short. Had it not been for this ex-cop, I'd have just kept the memory that he was a 'loon', I'll get my hands on the book.

KRC, you are the Man!

P.S. That looks like an original Bills jersey from the mid-'60's!