Bryant makes that catch over 99 percent of the corners in the league

EldaBillsFan

McKelvin and Florence are both terrible. Aaron Williams should be handed a starting job when he is healthy.

McGee got burned multiple times also...at $5mil a year...just not for a TD. Florence can't run with Bryant...McKelvin can get into position if he directs his jets in the right direction. Face it, these three CB's need pressure up front that isn't there...and I can't argue with seeing if the rookie can play. McGee's contract is up this year I think, and McKelvins is too , I think. Two more years of Florence...hope he isn't past the curve on speed. Bottom line, Merriman is out, and apparently his reputation alone made a difference in how the front pressure was anticipated by the opposition.

Our CBs were outmuscled on many plays and burnt on a couple. I don't think it's the play calling.

We have great tacklers at LB and superstars in the making at Safety. But our lack of a pass rush is exposing our quite average CBs. McKelvin--I don't think the criticism on him is unfair. Dude just looks like a college player going up against above average receivers. Yeah, he's got the speed and maybe good hands, but he just seems to get manhandled when it counts.

We need a defense... the end. This team has done a complete 180 with merriman, Kyle Williams, and kelsay out. Zero qb pressure, and less than elite corners equates to the recent shredding that we've taken in the passing game against us.

Edited by markgbe

McKelvin's ball "skills" are a negative asset. All the talent in the world, coverage is actually fantastic, but he bumps the ball UP into the receiver's hands for crying out loud. He is so terrible for a top tier CB that he is actually a perfect lead role in the tragic comedy of 2000s Bills drafting.

We need a defense... the end. This team has done a complete 180 with merriman, Kyle Williams, and kelsay out. Zero qb pressure, and less than elite corners equates to the recent shredding that we've taken in the passing game against us.

What games were you watching in September? We got zero pressure with Merriman & Kelsay other than a few blitzes on Vick. We're just not getting tipped ball int's anymore. That's more like 15 degrees than 180.

The offense on the other hand...

Blaming coaching for the Bryant TD is a joke.

Edited by BuffOrange

The biggest problem on that play is that when the Bills showed blitz, Romo audibled to a deep throw, recognizing the one-on-one coverage. Why doesn't George Wilson or whomever is calling defensive plays ON THE FIELD recognize that and back off of the blitz????

As soon as Byrd came up on the edge, Romo send bryant deep and told murray to stay in and pick up byrd. i'm just some schmuck watching on TV and i saw that a mile away.

obviously, bills dont have an elite defense or a ray lewis type "qb of the defense," but shouldnt they have a player who can make defensive presnap adjustments???

every week, i see defenses show blitz, and when the offense audibles, the D either backs out of the blitz altogether or at least makes it appear that they are adjusting to the adjustment.

there is no presnap communication on the defensive side of the ball. i know we are NOT the jets, but when u watch the jets D, you see them moving around and even if they arent actually adjusting the play, they are shouting to one another as if MAYBE they wont do what they are lined up to do.

99.9999% of the time if the Bills show blitz, they blitz. They seem to never make adjustments once the initial play call is in.

Edited by uncle flap