Defense down the stretch

The keys to this defense ( and this team's success) in the 2nd half of the season: Spence Johnson,Heard and Carrington really hv to turn it up and play nasty as hell..i'd also like ta see the secondary play like the Giants did in Super Bowl XXV..with Gailey, i'm nt concernd about the offense

The keys to this defense ( and this team's success) in the 2nd half of the season: Spence Johnson,Heard and Carrington really hv to turn it up and play nasty as hell..i'd also like ta see the secondary play like the Giants did in Super Bowl XXV..with Gailey, i'm nt concernd about the offense

I agree Heard, Carrinton, and Johnson need to feed off Dareus. I would also like to see the DB's hit guys at the line to disrupt the timing. I think that this would help out our pass rush because a lot of times we are just missing. A bump at the line might just give us that little bit of time we need to have an effective pass rush. Let's Get Nasty!!

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you that one. I am very concerned with the offense. I am concerned that Fitzpatrick hasn't been throwing the ball downfield since the New England game. I am tired of Spiller not being involved. They better run about five screens to Jackson on Sunday. I think the defense is slowly but surely starting to come together. I am honestly more concerned with the offense than the defense right now.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you that one. I am very concerned with the offense. I am concerned that Fitzpatrick hasn't been throwing the ball downfield since the New England game. I am tired of Spiller not being involved. They better run about five screens to Jackson on Sunday. I think the defense is slowly but surely starting to come together. I am honestly more concerned with the offense than the defense right now.

I agree with you. I trust the mind of Chan to get it going again, but the offense has become very predictable in the last few games. Zero threat of the long ball makes it tough. Too much rests on Fred's shoulders. Gotta get Spiller, Chandler, Nelson, Jones more involved.

The defense has been improving steadily in my opinion.

Zero threat of the long ball because we don't have the receivers to consistently get deep or the QB to consistently get the ball deep.

Gotta have pass protection, particularly on the edges to throw deep too. OL look better when they're not asked to pass block for more than 2 seconds because there's no way a defender can get to the QB in that time. This is the reason why the value of an OT who can live on an island in protection is generally taken in the first or second round.