Phillip Rivers = Tony Romo

jumbalaya

No two quarterbacks can look so good and so bad in the same game. Both have an affinity to blow games against lesser opponents and not utilize their weapons. They both lack that last minute of concentration to put the game away. I don't undertsand it at this level.

Norv Turner is the Dick Jauron of offensive minded head coaches. I woud hate for him to be pacing our sidelines, always expecting to lose.

Admittedly Rivers has been not so good this year, but until now, he has been consistently good. I have a feeling this year is a result of problems with Gates and losing his safety valve (Sproles) to New Orleans. I almost expect them to put ot together by December...Said, Norv is one crappy coach....

I agree. Each is now famous for a play not made

on the field. Romo on the botched FG against the Seahawks and Rivers not handling the snap against the

Chiefs.

Only difference, Romos happened to cost the Cowboys a chance to advance in the playoffs, Rivers fumble was during a week 9 regular season game

Romo is still one of the most overrated QB's in the league, the title was taken away from him in the last year or 2 by Mark Sanchez

Its funny, I had a conversation with some friends last weekend about how similar Romo and Rivers are but we came to one glaring difference between them.

Romo will just flat out lose games for the Cowboys with his boneheaded mistakes.

Rivers wont really hinder his team with mistakes, he just can't win in the clutch.

Whoops. Turns out all I had to do was wait a week for Rivers to single-handily lose the Chargers a game.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

Only difference, Romos happened to cost the Cowboys a chance to advance in the playoffs, Rivers fumble was during a week 9 regular season game

Romo is still one of the most overrated QB's in the league, the title was taken away from him in the last year or 2 by Mark Sanchez

Good point! We all remember Romo's play but it is

doubtful we will remember Rivers's that well.