The Creature From Jekyll Island (has anyone read this?)

Pete

I passed out in the back of a random Jeep on Jekyll Island after my senior prom. I was hammered and got locked out of my hotel room....or so I thought, I was so drunk I walked down the beach and it turned out to be a totally different hotel. Don't know what that has to do with the book but thought I'd share. :beer:

Edited by Stl Bills

awesome! Let me know what you think. The book moves along very fast and is fascinating and thought provoking

I'll let u know as soon as I read it. I have a lot if books on my wish list though. Might have to bump this one up a bit on the priority list. The Federal Reserve isn't as innocent as many people think it is. Anyway I expect it to be eye opening.

Edited by Pilsner

I'll let u know as soon as I read it. I have a lot if books on my wish list though. Might have to bump this one up a bit on the priority list. The Federal Reserve isn't as innocent as many people think it is. Anyway I expect it to be eye opening.

There's a lot of great information in the book. There's also a good bunch of over the top conspiracy theory. If you're the kind of person who can can separate the two, appreciate the good and ignore the crap, there's really not many better books on the history of banking and the Federal Reserve. Just my opinion, but most people can't, so the book either becomes garbage or another in a long line of anti-government hyperbole.

There's a lot of great information in the book. There's also a good bunch of over the top conspiracy theory. If you're the kind of person who can can separate the two, appreciate the good and ignore the crap, there's really not many better books on the history of banking and the Federal Reserve. Just my opinion, but most people can't, so the book either becomes garbage or another in a long line of anti-government hyperbole.

There is definitely a ton of great info. As far as conspiracy- I don't know how you write a book about a clandestine cartel that is a private institution but controls our economy and government- and not come across as conspiratorial. Call it a cantaloupe if that makes you feel better. Whatever you call it the Fed is sketchy

There is definitely a ton of great info. As far as conspiracy- I don't know how you write a book about a clandestine cartel that is a private institution but controls our economy and government- and not come across as conspiratorial. Call it a cantaloupe if that makes you feel better. Whatever you call it the Fed is sketchy

:rolleyes:

Pete, no matter the subject, you're the worst proponent I've ever seen.

:rolleyes:

Pete, no matter the subject, you're the worst proponent I've ever seen.

why thank you. Seriously- we don't vote for the fed. It is behind close doors. They profit no matter if it is war, bank failures, or a weak dollar. They are not a government agency. Where do we disagree?

Obviously I don't believe in every conspiracy theory that comes by. I take the time to read and research. But on this topic I'm more inclined to agree with Pete. This book and more research will help with due diligence on the subject.