Before Freddy last week, when was our last 80 yard run?

bbb

I know that it was Thurman Thomas, and during the broadcast they said either '90 or '91. I think it was '91.

Really? Because we all said no way did Thurm have one, and we thought maybe Kenny Davis did.........Bell did against the Cowboys in '84 I think. I thought maybe it went back that far.

How the hell did Thurman make it 80 yards? Did all 11 guys on the d fall down?

If you can track down a replay of the run, it is really odd. First down on the 20 after intercepting Grogan in the end zone. TT busts through the line and hits the sideline, and it seems to take forever for him to score, even as Lofton jogs along with him to fend off tacklers.

That 1990 game was one of those classic "Bills play down to the level of their competition" meetings they had with the Pats and Colts even in their best years (see their losses to the Pats in NE in 1991 and in Indy in 1992 , for the best examples).

it wasnt a classic breakaway 80 yard run

there were a lot of missed tackles from what i remember and Lofton was running or as someone else put it jogging next to him the last 50 yards or so

the Pats were one of the leagues worst teams back then

Edited by Max997

I'm pretty sure they mentioned Thurman's run at least a half dozen times during the broadcast of the game.

When you are watching the game in a crowded bar, you can't hear the announcers. I would have thought it would have been mentioned in the News. They always mention "first time since X" stuff.

That's why we thought no way was it Thurm. He was always getting crap from the other players about getting caught..........If it was him, I would have thought it was that Jets MNF game in '90 where the O-line was opening unreal holes for him and he ran for over 200, I believe.

When you are watching the game in a crowded bar, you can't hear the announcers. I would have thought it would have been mentioned in the News. They always mention "first time since X" stuff.

That's why we thought no way was it Thurm. He was always getting crap from the other players about getting caught..........If it was him, I would have thought it was that Jets MNF game in '90 where the O-line was opening unreal holes for him and he ran for over 200, I believe.

that was a great game by Thurman and the o-line vs Jets

ah the good ole days

if Thurman was greedy about stats like Emmit Smith he could have led the league in rushing a few times and had a few more 200 yard games but he had no problem coming out when the game was in hand

Edited by Max997