Revis and the Jets

AF88Bills

you're not "pointing out" anything - you're simply disagreeing with the opinions of those who are being critical of Revis. You seem to frequently do the same when people criticize the Pats*.

I don't want you to "join" me in anything...I'm a Bills fan.

As it turns out- the pats have been pretty darn good too. I enjoy watching good football. I want to beat them but I'm not going to pretend that they are an awful team. Revis is really good, it's fun to watch a guy play at that level. It's way more fun when he's on your team, but I'm not going to hate him just for the GM that drafted him or the ref that missed the call. DBs grab, OL hold, WR push off... The good ones know when to do it and get a few calls.

Yeah, I was--the fact that Revis was pretty gracious in most of his comments after the signing and that he has no incentive to renegotiate in the next few years---both facts which run counter to the OP and Joe's claims.

Hey, you're a fan. That's great. So am I. I appreciate the play of good players even if they are on opposing teams. I like to watch football, not just one game a week.

There is room for many fans here--even guys like you and Joe, who tell everyone else how to be a fan, no matter how dumb it makes some of the rest of us look.

you don't need my help with that.

I'm pretty sure that most poster here watch more than "one game a week". Just seems like you defend the Pats* more than you defend other teams. Your act get tired, at least IMO.

sorry, Jets down 7-0 already.

As it turns out- the pats have been pretty darn good too.

So have teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Saints, Packers and Chargers. Just don't see the same passionate defense of those teams from the posters who choose to defend all things NE*

So have teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Saints, Packers and Chargers. Just don't see the same passionate defense of those teams from the posters who choose to defend all things NE*

Could it be no one attacks those teams on here, or hates the good players just for jersey color? Good football is fun for me, even if I don't like the team.

Ps I did enjoy that SD td a little extra.

you don't need my help with that.

I'm pretty sure that most poster here watch more than "one game a week". Just seems like you defend the Pats* more than you defend other teams. Your act get tired, at least IMO.

sorry, Jets down 7-0 already.

The pats?? look who's got a hardon for the pats! We're talking about "defending" Revis--try to stay on topic.

Talk about a tired act..

Are we on a Jets wall! A lot of Revis love here. He's a Jet which make him a piece of **** along with the whole team.. Unless they're playin the Patriots.

EXACTLY!! !@#$ him and the jets. If I'm an elite QB, its no way I let him take half the field from me. Revis is the type of player you go at hard. You break his heart like Randy Moss did. Then all of a sudden you saw revis on the sideline nursing his hamstring......BS!! He got his heart taken that day!

To beat the jets, you have to match their aggressiveness, get after sanchez, and play sound ball.

As you can see, Phil Rivers gave them the game. And the pi call on jammer against holmes was bull ****!!

I AGREE WITH THE MASSES THAT REVIS GETS AWAY WITH MURDER. THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS THE INCONSISTENT CALLS IN THE NFL. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO FAVOR THE NFL TOP TEAMS.MAKES YOU WONDER IF THE FIX IS ON

What is a "top NFL team"? Are the Jets a top team? And why would the league favor the Jets at this point in their woeful history? How does "the fix" work? Do the refs work with the league on the fix? The network execs? The mafia?

Come on all you "fix" guys---let us in on the process.

actually ... no it wasn't. If it isn't called a penalty didn't happen. Now if we want to fault the officiating for missing a call, I'm all for it. But vilifying a player for making a play and then defending that play to a "talking head" that (IMHO) was being overly obnoxious about it is more than a little silly.

Don't get me wrong, Revis is a Jet therefore I don't like him, just as any player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats* ... but in this instance he was right.

The issue Francesca had w/ Revis is that Revis was trying to justify it as not a missed call. Pass Interference wasn't called. No one disputes that. The dispute is that Revis seems to think that nothing should have been called. He's either on a complete power trip, in denial, or just plain used to getting away w/ overly physical corner play.

The issue Francesca had w/ Revis is that Revis was trying to justify it as not a missed call. Pass Interference wasn't called. No one disputes that. The dispute is that Revis seems to think that nothing should have been called. He's either on a complete power trip, in denial, or just plain used to getting away w/ overly physical corner play.

Can you name a CB who would agree that a ref made a bad call that favored him? You must have a few in mind to have made the above statement.

As it turns out- the pats have been pretty darn good too. I enjoy watching good football. I want to beat them but I'm not going to pretend that they are an awful team. Revis is really good, it's fun to watch a guy play at that level. It's way more fun when he's on your team, but I'm not going to hate him just for the GM that drafted him or the ref that missed the call. DBs grab, OL hold, WR push off... The good ones know when to do it and get a few calls.

Lol yeah like right in front of the officials on MNF in the red zone in the middle of the field with a pass thrown to the guy he was covering. Hardly a "cagey vet" move. More like that of someone who has no fear of being flagged for anything because let's face it, he never is.

EXACTLY!! !@#$ him and the jets. If I'm an elite QB, its no way I let him take half the field from me. Revis is the type of player you go at hard. You break his heart like Randy Moss did. Then all of a sudden you saw revis on the sideline nursing his hamstring......BS!! He got his heart taken that day!

To beat the jets, you have to match their aggressiveness, get after sanchez, and play sound ball.

As you can see, Phil Rivers gave them the game. And the pi call on jammer against holmes was bull ****!!

you realize he missed the rest of that game and the next few weeks after that injury? yeah, i'm sure he was faking it because his pride was hurt... B-)

also, what's more likely? that revis actually can play CB really well or that every single officiating crew messes up calls against him?

Meanwhile, those same officials, throw about 3 to 4 PI flags on cromartie during the same game...

Can you name a CB who would agree that a ref made a bad call that favored him? You must have a few in mind to have made the above statement.

I'm not saying any other CB wouldn't take the same position Revis did. Why should Francesca accept the wrong position? What kind of commentator is he if he just sits there and buys the line of bull. This was a situation where Revis knows he was wrong whether he wants to admit it or not. The thing that ticks me off is that he tries to play it off like we should see it his way because hes the athlete and knows something we don't.