A Little perspective - please

vegas55

I thought it was a coaching mistake to not run the ball and some clock with 4 minutes to go, especially in light of the fact that on two occasions earlier in the game, in 4 down territory we chose to (unsuccessfully) run the ball into the teeth of the defense on third down. And it was a disappointing to have Fitz misfire on two big throws. But please. Jerry Sullivan on the radio today states that this is just a further demonstration that Fitz can't make the big throws. Are you kidding, even the best qbs come up short on occasion. And Gaileys coaching decisions, while questionable, were nowhere near as bad the coaching decisions by the Cowboys yesterday which basically handed the game to the Pats.

The big picture is that Fitz ended up with an 88 qb rating, and led the Gailey designed offense to 24 points, on the road, with an injury depleted offense. Less than 2 years ago we would have killed for an offensive performance like that, and the vast majority of teams would be happy with that.

Just some perspective.

I wonder who would win if those two teams played in the superbowl.

8 out of 10, Brady. Don't get me wrong, I'm really digging this team, and am as pleasantly surprised and OK with where we are. I'm not an expert, but when they got down there with 4 minutes left, I said to my own little self "Run, Freddy, run... eat clock, kick a field goal @ the 2 minute warning".... then the INT followed. I don't think type of play-calling is crazy even for a risk-taking QB and HC.. yes our D is limited, and showed it all game long, but we're also opportunistic insofar as takeaways... and your boy Eli has been prone to the big mistake late in games... (read: Seattle last week)... hard to 2nd guess Chan, 'cause I really do like his style and it's not a complaint... disappointed in the loss, but excited to be 4-2.

We make every QB look like Tom Brady.

PTR

Indeed... if we had built this team to beat him and him alone, we'd have won the game yesterday. Premier pass-rusher, anyone?