If you are looking to improve, it's not by adding Wr's Its By

Wr's are not the problem. The obvious problem is the defense. We need any depth possible. We employ a hybrid scheme so I would be for a pass rush 4-3 end or LB (3-4) I'm not for adding a guy with 1 year left on his contract but otherwise I would be game.

where is that kind f player going to be? Yu think there are guys bagging groceries waiting to be signed? Or that some team wants to trade away a guy like that?

where is that kind f player going to be? Yu think there are guys bagging groceries waiting to be signed? Or that some team wants to trade away a guy like that?

Yes you are probably correct. It's a stretch. They are usually guys with 1 year left on their contract but there is so much talk about acquiring Wr's and really don't need one. What we really need is defense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

This team needs a WR. Don't kid yourselves that what they are putting out there now is NFL caliber. That being said I agree if they make only one move at the trade dealine it has to be for a pass rusher. This team can make the playoffs. With Houston, the Jets and now Oakland in a mess and the Steelers with major flaws the wildcard race is wide open. If we can split with the Jets, sweep Miami, and beat Denver they have a great shot at the playoffs. The time is now to make a move.

Time to use the draft picks for proven players. While it may not be the key to long term success this team and this town needs to win now. It may be our collective last shot.

This team needs a WR. Don't kid yourselves that what they are putting out there now is NFL caliber. That being said I agree if they make only one move at the trade dealine it has to be for a pass rusher. This team can make the playoffs. With Houston, the Jets and now Oakland in a mess and the Steelers with major flaws the wildcard race is wide open. If we can split with the Jets, sweep Miami, and beat Denver they have a great shot at the playoffs. The time is now to make a move.

Time to use the draft picks for proven players. While it may not be the key to long term success this team and this town needs to win now. It may be our collective last shot.

And this team needs a new DC. Edwards has been, and remains, inept. He's a linebacker coach who is in way over his head and Chan's misguided sense of loyalty to him is very troubling.

I think that Steve Johnson et.al. are good evidence that we can pick up a WR as a UFA or a lower round pick. If you look at the big name draftees, you will find that they are from the big schools. In 2011:

WR

pick.....school

==================

4........georgia

6........alabama

26.......pittsburg

44.......boise

58......maryland

59.......nc

64........kentucky

79.......miami

Most of these wide receivers have names because of the team they are playing for and their recrod. Its true that the best and winning schools get the better HS players, but there are a lot of equally skilled guys who are playing for a small or poor-record school or who grew in college and not in high school. If you look, you can get WR's (as the Bills did) this way without using a high draft pick. I would rather use the high picks for linemen and linebackers.

I agree. Save the cash. Sign a verteran LB in FA, and draft the best pass rusher in the draft (who has had several years of success in pass rushing, not a one year wonder).

I think we just need depth at WR and OL, and we need better/new schemes for defense.

Yep. And, Cruz for the Giants was also undrafted as I recall. Andre Reed was from Kutztown State.

And this team needs a new DC. Edwards has been, and remains, inept. He's a linebacker coach who is in way over his head and Chan's misguided sense of loyalty to him is very troubling.

Well said. I don't get Chan's loyalty to him. Just demote him. You don't have to fire him. If he won't take the demotion, then that's his (Edwards) ego problem and say see ya.