DEFENSE

Everything I read about on sports news websites compares defenses by total yards, total rushing yards allowed, passing yards etc. I'm sure that I am not the only one who is seeing that these statistics are just meaningless. Teams that pride themselves on stopping a team by stuffing the run, or sacking the QB are doing the exact same thing the bills have been doing, they get stops. Forcing a team to punt is all well and good, and we all wish the bills stopped a team every time they came out, but its not going to happen. Even points allowed isnt a very accurate measurement of a defense, considering garbage time scores with a prevent defense are still included.

Footballs definately changing in favor of the offense, as passing yards are becoming another meaningless number while people come up with reasons why brady is able to torch teams. Brady is torching teams, he'll continue to do so because they gameplan well and take advantage of what defenses/refs give them. Turnovers get overlooked in the defensive conversation for some reason, its always that brady screwed up, not that the bills played good defense. I just dont want to hear about how the Bills d is ranked here in yards allowed, because in the end thats not going to be an accurate measurement of what we are trying to do on that side of the ball. Were looking to stop you from scoring, if you get 60 yards and dont score, great job.

I was watching NFL network last night and Steve Mariucci brought up a point.

The lock out has hurt defenses more then offenses.

I think you could arguee this especially for the Bills. A lot of new faces and the leader of the D is new-Barnett.

Hopefully we will see this unit gel as the season goes on.

The only real saving grace we have is that we've played some of the better offenses through 5 games so far. We can say that. Maybe we'll get to play some worse offenses and our guys will get healthy and young guys better and it comes together, I hope so. Any talk of anything else though isn't really saying much. We haven't been good any way you slice it. You can look at football a million different ways but nobody that knows what they're talking about would say our defense is even average. You can call them scrappy and you can say they find a way to win but you can't call them good or even middle of the pack. I know I'm a hater etc.... :blink:

Edited by dayman