Met Marv Levy tonight

theNose76

I don't usually say this about people I meet or know because I think it sounds really cheesy and ridiculous and is usually a stretch, but he really was one of the nicest people I've met. If anyone was there or has seen him this week (he is signing his book in the Buffalo area all week) they will know how BUSY and CROWDED the stores are when he is in there. My "ticket" was the 341st given out - he started signing at 5:30 - I got mine signed at almost 10 pm. I couldn't believe that he stayed that long. Of course part of the delay in the process was Marv being very personal to everyone there. He shook my hand, and made some small talk. I didn't say much, because I actually was kind of awe-struck in seeing him. He said he hoped I enjoyed the book and that it would bring back some good memories. And his wife was sitting next to him, undoubtedly a little surprised he was there for 4+ hours and still going; he also had a signing earlier in the day.

If anyone is going to see him, go to the outlet he will be at - not sure the specifics, but its in the Buffalo News sports section - EARLY in the morning and get a ticket for the line. I got mine at 1pm today, and it was like I said the 341st given out, of about 500 I think. Also I would suggest picking up the book, aptly titled Where Else Would You Rather Be?. I looked through it while waiting at the store, it looks great.

Go Marv.

My wife went to stand in line at the Waldenbooks at the Main Place mall to get (me) a book and get it signed by marv (He was there from 12-2. She got there at 11:30 and after waiting a half hour thought to ask a store representaive she saw walking by if she was going to have the opportunity to buy the book while waiting in line. He told her "we DON'T have any copies of the book!!!!!!!!" Only people who already bought books were getting them signed. What the hell kind of store promotes a book signing by one of the most popular figures in Buffalo sports history and has no copies of the book in stock for the signing! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: