Super Bowl Media Day Will Be Attended by Fans..

clancynut

For the first time 5000 fans will be able to attend Media Day during Super Bowl Week this year in INDY. Frank Supovitz, the NFL's senior vice president of events, says the league has considered allowing fans into the event for the past few years.

Tickets will be available in early December. Prices have not been announced yet, but Supovitz says they will be "affordable."

The question is will the tickets be affordable based on Bills Ticket Prices or New England Ticket Prices? Still that kind of access is kind of cool. I wonder if fans will be allowed to actually ask any questions?

Linky

Edited by clancynut

Glad to see the NFL is creating more revenue streams to keep itself out of serious, imminent financial trouble. I get a similar sense of comfort and relief when I visit www.nfl.com to check a few stats and get bombarded by ads. :-)

This is not true. 1970 friend and I were in Florida for college break and went to Dallas media day when they played Colts. It was advertised in local Ft Lauderdale paper open to the public. It was at the old Yankee spring training ball park. Get this, there was only about 30 or so media at the event and my be 50 fans. We got to talk to Bob Lilly. So at least then anyone could go.

Have you checked out the other NFL ticket packages?

NFL On Location

They have one Super Bowl package that gets you field access after the game, cheapest price is about $6K, but that includes 4 nights in a hotel and ...

SUPER BOWL GAMEDAY

HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE

• Premium In-Stadium Venue

(open 3 hours pregame and 2 hours postgame)

• Full Premium Menu and Top-Shelf Open Bar

• Player Appearances

• Interactive Activities and More

AMENITIES

• Super Bowl XLVI Gift Bag

• Exclusive Stadium Collection Game Program

• Super Bowl XLVI Lanyard with Ticket Sleeve

VIP ACCESS

• Express Security Entrances to the Stadium

on Super Bowl Sunday

• Preferred On Location Stadium Parking

(parking fees not included)

Exclusive PostGame

On-Field Experience

• Postgame Field Access - once in a lifetime chance to

experience the Super Bowl the way the players do:

from the field

You just have to get there.

Have you checked out the other NFL ticket packages?

NFL On Location

They have one Super Bowl package that gets you field access after the game, cheapest price is about $6K, but that includes 4 nights in a hotel and ...

SUPER BOWL GAMEDAY

HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE

• Premium In-Stadium Venue

(open 3 hours pregame and 2 hours postgame)

• Full Premium Menu and Top-Shelf Open Bar

• Player Appearances

• Interactive Activities and More

AMENITIES

• Super Bowl XLVI Gift Bag

• Exclusive Stadium Collection Game Program

• Super Bowl XLVI Lanyard with Ticket Sleeve

VIP ACCESS

• Express Security Entrances to the Stadium

on Super Bowl Sunday

• Preferred On Location Stadium Parking

(parking fees not included)

Exclusive PostGame

On-Field Experience

• Postgame Field Access - once in a lifetime chance to

experience the Super Bowl the way the players do:

from the field

You just have to get there.

What? Parking not included!!!!

This is not true. 1970 friend and I were in Florida for college break and went to Dallas media day when they played Colts. It was advertised in local Ft Lauderdale paper open to the public. It was at the old Yankee spring training ball park. Get this, there was only about 30 or so media at the event and my be 50 fans. We got to talk to Bob Lilly. So at least then anyone could go.

That's a great story thanks for sharing. Could you imagine the what media day would become 42 years ago?