didn't marvin lewis rip buffalo back in 2001

DaveinElma

How is it that Marvin Lewis has kept his job? He's had two winning seasons in 8 years.

Because no matter how cheap Ralph gets, Mike Brown makes Ralph look like a guy who is making it rain 24/7. Marvin Lewis accepts Brown as his boss and vice versa. A good coach would never go to Cincinnati under Mike Brown & a good owner would spend whatever it takes to get Lewis out of town.

How is it that Marvin Lewis has kept his job? He's had two winning seasons in 8 years.

Its because the rot starts at the top and one has a couple of layers of incompetence to go through before the blame falls on Lewis. Either one believes the FO and the owner are more to blame or instead you do indict the Lewis performance and this demonstrates the FO and owner are incompetent for keeping him.

Either way you feel about Lewis as an HC the two layers above him are pretty clearly incompetent.

Worst game managing coach in football. If he's faced with the smallest ounce of adversity, count it as a loss. If he's in a situation where clock management needs to be perfect, put an L in their loss column. He makes Williams/Mularkey/Jauron look like geniuses as head coaches.

I think he was pretty PO'd at Donahoe.

Lewis actually had a relationship with Old Whitey and the two would talk regularly. I think Lewis felt a bit betrayed when it came out that he was not the leading candidate for the Buffalo job.

I would say (all criticisms aside… I haven't seen enough of Lewis) that it would be hard for anyone to succeed in Cincinnati.

They have almost zero for a scouting department, no indoor practice facility, and a lot of built-in competitive disadvantages.

Lewis' record as Bengals HC is .469 over the last 8+ seasons, 61-69.

He's led the team to 2 playoff appearances.

That's better than the Bills record over that same period, unless I'm mistaken.

Because no matter how cheap Ralph gets, Mike Brown makes Ralph look like a guy who is making it rain 24/7. Marvin Lewis accepts Brown as his boss and vice versa. A good coach would never go to Cincinnati under Mike Brown & a good owner would spend whatever it takes to get Lewis out of town.

more elaborate way of what I was going to say which is Brown is a complete idiot.

I live in Cincy and Marvin Lewis is nothing but Dick Jauron part Deuz! Why do you think there are over 20,000 empty seats at every home game in Cincy this year? Imagine if we would have kept Jauron last year.. That is how the Bengals fans feel right now.

ouch man that is rough, no wonder Palmer retired.