CHFF (cold hard football facts) Power Rankings

Apologies if this is discussed somewhere else If you're into power rankings

Check out these power rankings

Cold Hard Football Facts has a number of "quality stats" that seem to me to make more sense than the garden variety everyone quotes.

For example, the NFL "yards per game" that is the default quality index for both offense and defense on nfl.com "don't impress me much" as Shania Twain sez.

You don't win by accumulating the most YPG and you don't lose by giving up the most. It's those pesky things called "points" that show up on the scoreboard.

I'm very interested in CHFF quality stats which seem based on thoughtful analysis (and the desire to win consistently when betting on games).

I would love to see how the Bills are doing as measured by their "Offensive Hogs Index" and "Defensive Hogs Index".

CHFF was bought out last year, and one now has to pay $79 per year for insider access to see this year's quality stats.

I'm an inveterate cheapskate, but I'm also tempted, that's how much their stats intrigue me.

Anyway, the Power Rankings and their articles are still free and they also have a good article on the Bills in their Drive of the Week section.

If anyone does have CHFF insider, would love to know how the Bills and their opponents (past and future) are stacking up in the quality stats.

By the way, last year the Bengals were 23rd in Defensive Hogs Index. The Bills, of course, were 32nd. The Bills made significant upgrades on D.

What did the Bengals change, last year to this? Just looking for education. Cincy was also 19th in Defensive Passer Rating.

Again, what has Cincy changed, anyone know? Last year is last year, point is by some good measures Cincy D was not top 10 in the league last year.

So I think it's fair to ask what they've changed.

Hopeful out!