Our Sackless Front FOUR NOT ENOUGH CREDIT

EldaBillsFan

Disagree completely. All day long Brady was able to stand still the way Paul Blake does for Texas St. before he throws the winning TD in Necessary Roughness. It's the NFL, of course there's going to be SOME pass rush, but ours on Sunday was severely lacking. Now if you want to make the argument that they were only sending 4 or 5 pass rushers a lot of the time, then fine. But do not pretend that Brady was under duress that game.

agreed. thank god our secondary magically stepped up. they were glued to those recievers pretty well. Hopefully the secondary plays like that more often.

As for our pass rush, I am not sure what to think of it. It is hard to pressure brady because that oline is amazing, and oakland has a pretty good line as well. I think the bills were a little silly to put all the pass rushing hopes on merriman, who has played better than I expected (by staying "healthy"), but hasn't been able to really pressure anyone. he did pressure brady once pretty well though.

I was hoping dareus would be able to get some more qb pressure than he has, but his right now in minmal as well. Im hoping the defense improves over time this season.

I believe it was the Dline's run stuffing that helped us comeback...if the Pats could have just run the ball and racked up the 200+ yards they had in both games last year, at least 2 of those int's likely wouldn't have happened. It was forcing the Pats to throw because they couldn't run and run the clock up 21-0 that had as much to do with the victory as anything...

Now THAT is true. Our line played great against the run. I think that's why Kelsay played most of the game even though he was constantly being dominated by Solder. But that doesn't mean our pass rush was any good, even if it's mostly the same people you're referring to...

agreed. thank god our secondary magically stepped up. they were glued to those recievers pretty well. Hopefully the secondary plays like that more often.

As for our pass rush, I am not sure what to think of it. It is hard to pressure brady because that oline is amazing, and oakland has a pretty good line as well. I think the bills were a little silly to put all the pass rushing hopes on merriman, who has played better than I expected (by staying "healthy"), but hasn't been able to really pressure anyone. he did pressure brady once pretty well though.

I was hoping dareus would be able to get some more qb pressure than he has, but his right now in minmal as well. Im hoping the defense improves over time this season.

Yeah, except for that dropped touchdown by Chad Johnson when he was open by a country mile. Or the two Gronkowski touchdowns. Or Welker's five hundred receptions for ten thousand yards.

Every dog has it's day! I called last week with a 31-28 victory. This week I'm going to say Buffalo's defense puts up great numbers and go on a sack frenzy of 6. That's right we have 6 sacks this week and could get more but we ease off on the rookie in the late 3rd quarter and fourth. Williams will get one, Lights Out has two and a half, and the that new pick??? I think he was a decent draft pick???? Oh yeah Marcell something gets a sack and a half. (yes I'm joking, I know who he is). This will be a tougher game but we win because our defense has a field day. Fitz has a bad game and Freddie gets slowed down. This show's the Bills are a team and we pull through a low scoring game. 17-10 Buffalo.

We can finally give that defensive front a good write up for messing with the new qb. 6 sacks in a game says a lot.

Disagree completely. All day long Brady was able to stand still the way Paul Blake does for Texas St. before he throws the winning TD in Necessary Roughness. It's the NFL, of course there's going to be SOME pass rush, but ours on Sunday was severely lacking. Now if you want to make the argument that they were only sending 4 or 5 pass rushers a lot of the time, then fine. But do not pretend that Brady was under duress that game.

+1

Brady had all day, consistently. A good day for our coverage unit, though.

Our pass rush needs serious help.

You can chalk up the first 2 games to playing the run first because of how good those teams were last year running the ball, but not this game. There is no way the plan was not to pressure Brady up the middle. That doesn't mean they should have blitzes all the time, but even when they did it was picked up fairly easily by NE.

I think there were times Brady was a little uncomfortable but in no way do I think that was the type of pressure we anticipated or should be satisfied with.

Hey, it's something to work on. This team has flaws but the things you can't really teach, like heart, guts, and courage, this team seems to have in abundance. This team has sack for the first time in 8 years and I give the creditnto Buddy and Chan for changing the culture.

3 - 0 is so much better than 0 - 3 but it's a long season and there are many areas we could improve. Pass rush is # 1 on that list.

RTB

Yeah, except for that dropped touchdown by Chad Johnson when he was open by a country mile. Or the two Gronkowski touchdowns. Or Welker's five hundred receptions for ten thousand yards.

most of the big plays they let go were in the first half. they stepped it up more in the 2nd. They had no answer for grankowski. the guy was just too big. Aaron willialms stuck to him like glue most of the first half and grankowsi still was able to make the play just because his arms were so long.

They really screwed up on the Ochocinco play. but really, they stuck to those recievers well and made plays when they could. most of those catches were the result of no pass rush rather than bad coverage. when brady has all day to throw, it is impossible to cover those guys.