Analysts are blaming Pat's D for loss. How about Brady, Ochocino?

mountainwampus

I wont be buying into the "I was trying to call a timeout". The officials probably charged the time out because Billy wouldn't shut his trap after the no touchdown call was made. If anyone should be blamed for the Pats losing, it should be Chan Gailey and the Buffalo Bills (followed by Brady, BB, etc). I just hope in the next game we can actually get some good hits on Brady.

lmao Right because that hit made 2 balls be tipped for INT and your secondary make one amazing INT that was a sure TD if he timed it wrong. (roll eyes) just once I like people give there team credit for a win, not some crap that "oh we hit brady cost him change" Brady was Brady still and I look forward to our Razor battle,Odds say the bills will not get 4 INT. rEMEMBER THE LAST TIME THE bILLS BET THE pATS WAS A 41-0 DRUMMING...

Pointing out a turning point is not not giving credit to my team for a win. Merriman is on my team, he got to Brady's leg. Brady was a little "off" after that play.

Right after the game, Phil Simms commented on how horrible the Pat's defense was. Did he even watch the game? I thought they played better than Oakland or KC against us, and definitely are not to blame. How about credit the fact that the Bills D made some very acrobatic INTs? Or if you want to place blame: Brady for throwing 4 INTs. Ochocino dropping a sure TD. Belicheat blowing up on sideline to lose a timeout. God forbid they blame them.

You can partly blame the Pats defense, but the Bills defense wasn't great. You certainly can put some blame on Brady, he wasn't himself. Things kinda snowballed for him and the Pats. Not sure if you can put any blame on Ocho Stinko, he did drop a TD, but they scored a TD a couple plays later. You can also put alot of blame on the DB that mauled Nelson (who did a bit of a punter's acting job) on the most stupid pass that I have ever seen Fitz throw that was picked in the Endzone on the last TD drive that gave us first down at the one. Belicheat, at least in the 4th quarter was outcoached by Gailey, and you don't say that very often, if ever. That timeout that he wasted was huge, as was the personal foul when Fitz was downing the ball, it gave the Bills enough plays to run the clock out and kick the FG instead of getting the six and giving the ball to Brady. Bottom line is, who cares who gets blame, who doesn't, at the end of the game the Bills had more points then they did.

Coach Belichick had to burn a time out. Here is why. The ruling on the field of play was that Jackson scored a touchdown. Technically, that means he is in the field of play, not out of bounds. With this in mind, the touchdown went for review, and after reviewing the play, the replay had a clear visible shot of FJ's knee down at the one yard line, in the field of play. That means the touchdown was over ruled, with a new spot of the ball where FJ was tackled, in the field of play. The new spot of the ball was the NE one yard line. When play was to resume, the clock would then restart the moment the referee officially spotted the ball. This is why coach BB had to burn a very important and crucial time out.

Right. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for folks to piece together. And BB just got unhinged because he KNEW that having burned a second half time out (NEVER EVER EVER BURN A SECOND HALF TIME OUT), that the game--barring a blocked/shanked shorter-than-a-PAT FG--was OVER.

Also, EVERY touch down, EVERY LAST TOUCH DOWN, whether it happens with 14:59 to go in the first quarter (you heard me), or if it happens with 0:01 to go in the fourth quarter gets reviewed. It wasn't an "official time out." It was a score review, just like the 10 that had already occurred throughout the game.

Brady did lose this game for them. OC dropped a potential game winner perfectly placed in his hands. BB didn't cost them a timeout (see multiple other threads for explanation). The pats D did suck.

How was the Ocho drop a potential game-winner when that only would have tied the game: :blink:

PTR

We all knew that there could've been several outcomes to a Bills win or loss as far as most ' experts' or media personalities are concerned. Here they are:

Bills loss by large margin - Bills are not for real; NE still owns the division. Tom Brady and Billchek extend their consecutive wins against Buffalo to 16.

Bills loss by close margin - Bills got really lucky for various reasons to even keep it a game; however, NE still owns the division. Bills failed their test of determining if they were ' for real.'

Bills win by close margin - NE and/or Brady had an 'off' day; uncharacteristic of Brady; Buffalo got lucky; NE had the sun in their eyes two quarters; etc. The verdict is not out; still too early to tell if the Bills are for real...until then, the division still belongs to NE.

Bills win by a large margin - Fluke game by Brady; NE injuries are the reason for the loss. Analysts will have to wait until the Bills play the second game against the Patriots before they are ready to declare the Bills a good team. NE still owns the divsion until then.

Seems like, no matter what the outcome of the game was, the a Bills will have to continue living under the shadow of their 'big brother' of the division as far as the meathear analysts are concerned.

Nonetheless, Monday mornings feel good lately. Go Bills!

I sent this post from a phone while riding in a car.....on a bumpy road. Sorry for all the misspellings and errors.

Edited by BillsFanInLV

Coach Belichick had to burn a time out. Here is why. The ruling on the field of play was that Jackson scored a touchdown. Technically, that means he is in the field of play, not out of bounds. With this in mind, the touchdown went for review, and after reviewing the play, the replay had a clear visible shot of FJ's knee down at the one yard line, in the field of play. That means the touchdown was over ruled, with a new spot of the ball where FJ was tackled, in the field of play. The new spot of the ball was the NE one yard line. When play was to resume, the clock would then restart the moment the referee officially spotted the ball. This is why coach BB had to burn a very important and crucial time out.

So how is that "burning" a TO? Obviously the Bills would have run the clock down once the ref spotted the ball. BB simply choose to start preserving clock immediately.

There was no wasted TO.

A lot of talking heads will say the Pats beat themselves and not that the bills bet them . IGNORE THEM, bills one and earned it just enjoy it and ignore the haters.

The Pats absolutely did beat themselves.

But the Bills took full advantage of every Pats mistake, good bounce, and questionable call that went their way. And also did not make many serious mistakes themselves. To me this has been the difference maker in all 3 games so far. The Bills do not hurt themselves, they leave that for their opponents and so far it has been working out exceptionally well.

lmao Right because that hit made 2 balls be tipped for INT and your secondary make one amazing INT that was a sure TD if he timed it wrong. (roll eyes) just once I like people give there team credit for a win, not some crap that "oh we hit brady cost him change" Brady was Brady still and I look forward to our Razor battle,Odds say the bills will not get 4 INT.

I can buy that. But as unsustainable in the long-term as picking off Brady 4 times may be, so was NE's lack of turnovers for a team that's been throwing the ball as much as they have for the last year+. It works both ways too - the Chargers probably won't shoot themselves in the foot as much if you play them again. NE was overdue from some bad bounces and sure, maybe the Bills were fortunate that those bounces finally happened against them. But I mean the tipped ball int's were only 2-1 so it wasn't like it was a perfect storm of fluke plays in the Bills favor.

We all knew that there could've been several outcomes to a Bills win or loss as far as most ' experts' or media personalities are concerned. Here they are:

Bills loss by large margin - Bills are not for real; NE still owns the division. Tom Brady and Billchek extend their consecutive wins against Buffalo to 16.

Bills loss by close margin - Bills got really lucky for various reasons to even keep it a game; however, NE still owns the division. Bills failed their test of determining if they were ' for real.'

Bills win by close margin - NE and/or Brady had an 'off' day; uncharacteristic of Brady; Buffalo got lucky; NE had the sun in their eyes two quarters; etc. The verdict is not out; still too early to tell if the Bills are for real...until then, the division still belongs to NE.

Bills win by a large margin - Fluke game by Brady; NE injuries are the reason for the loss. Analysts will have to wait until the Bills play the second game against the Patriots before they are ready to declare the Bills a good team. NE still owns the divsion until then.

Seems like, no matter what the outcome of the game was, the a Bills will have to continue living under the shadow of their 'big brother' of the division as far as the meathear analysts are concerned.

Nonetheless, Monday mornings feel good lately. Go Bills!

I sent this post from a phone while riding in a car.....on a bumpy road. Sorry for all the misspellings and errors.

Monday's sure do feel good lately... :thumbsup:

So?

I blamed the Bill's Defense for years for not being able to stop their short-intermediate RAC passing game. I blamed our offense and special teams for turning over the ball, but those things don't happen in a vacuum - they happen because the other team is imposing their will on you. The old Bills teams did not lose just because of this or that, they lost because the Patriots as a team were better.

Their defense didn't throw bad passes, but neither did Brady to be honest. If Leodis didn't undercut the route he was covering, the throw would have been completed, if Wilson didn't undercut and extend to pick off that Gronkowski seam route he would have caught a sure TD, if Marcel Dareus did not leap to get his hands up in the throwing lane the ball destined for Florence's hands would not have deflected off of him, if Scott did not dive to snag a bobbled ball a foot off the ground..... if our defense could not rely on its front 3-4 to pressure the pocket yet still remain stout against the run probably Belichik calls for them to run the ball down our throats forcing the Bills to replace a DB or Safety with another LB or DT thus opening up the passing game again...the list goes on because it is a team sport and you win or lose as a team.