Bills Got the Calls Today

Boludo

. Being at the game doesn't mean you see the game all that great then. The PI in the end zone was a raping. If your contention is that the WR that was interfered with couldn't have made a play on the ball, you MAY be correct, hard to tell....but there was LOTS of contact

There was contact, but the pass was way short of the receiver--not within 10 feet. A really dumb move by the defender. I'll never understand why these DBs don't turn around to face the QB when they are pass covering deep in the endzone.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The chopblock call on Wood was legit; the block itself wasnt so much an issue as it was that Rhineart was engaged with that player and then chopblocks arent allowed. The foul on Byrd was a blown call for sure, Byrd could not have played that any different. Also refs had some dodgy placements of the ball all in favor of the Pats*.

The PI call was face guarding and totally legit, stupid play by the Pats*.

The replay they showed on TV clearly showed that the player was NOT engaged when Wood cut him. Bad call.

The tackle on Welker by Byrd, the roughing the passer on Fitz in the endzone, and the PI call on Nelson in the endzone(a defender has the same rights to a spot ont he field as the offense, IMO the Pats guy kinda just stood in Nelsons way, legal in my view and legal 2-3 years ago) on the same drive, were all 'weak calls' IMO - BUT thats the new NFL. Those 'weak' calls are called league wide these days.

The worst calls were the non calls on Kelsay - who was blatently held, tackled, and/or bear hugged all day. There could have, and shold have, been 5 holding calls on Kelsay alone.

The refs were bad for both teams. Pats got the calls in the 1st half, us in the 2nd I think (minus obvious holding calls being ignored all day)

The call on Wood was the very definition of a chop block.

The deffinition of a LEGAL chop block. The dude was not engaged.

Edited by Thoner7

??? you did see Dareus jump up to block the ball... it wasnt that lucky its just a good play by a defensive lineman.

He put his arms up, but it hit him in the facemask, so, yeah, it was a lucky break. Sheesh.

. Being at the game doesn't mean you see the game all that great then. The PI in the end zone was a raping. If your contention is that the WR that was interfered with couldn't have made a play on the ball, you MAY be correct, hard to tell....but there was LOTS of contact

Yeah, re-watch the play. There was lots of contact - as in Nelson hugging the DB to draw the penalty/try in vain to make his way back to the ball. I watched the entire game over last night, and I just watched the play in question on NFL Live. You're just...wrong. Watch it, then come back to me. It was a terrible call. Tim Hasselbeck (hardly the end-all, be-all of judgement calls, I know) even made a point of how bad of a call it was. It was a gift from some bad zebras.