Working in Spiller

ColdBlueNorth

With Parish out, I think Chan should just line Spiller up in the slot.

That immediately creates mismatch headaches for Belichick and he can be motioned into the backfield from the spread to operate from the HB position.

This gets Spiller out in space where I think he works best, it also can be used to get both RBs on the field on 3 receiver sets.

I do think that Chan should go the IR route with Parrish who has just not shown much durability over his career and bring someone up from the PS, because we are too thin at WR and are in danger of having to scrap his successful spread offense if one or two receivers got dinged during a game.

If Chan goes the IR route, is your vote for Aiken or Roosevelt to be brought up?

I like Roosevelt, Aiken has a bigger frame, but I think we have that covered with Nelson and Roosevelt came on really well last year when pressed into service.

I like Aiken too, but I just think that it is more likely right now that Stevie (groin) or Jones would need to be spelled in the lineup and I think Roosevelt projects better to the outside.

...and he is a scrappy obscure B-Lo guy that you would like to see get more chances.

-1 I like Nelson as the starter in the sLot.

We can spread out Roscoe when he gets back and CJ in situations.

Nelson clearly needs to be on the field more. I don't care where CJ or Roscoe were drafted. We need the best man for the job and that is Nelson.

I noticed chan designed a number of plays this last week that had cj and Freddie on the field together. And a few of them where Fred Jackson was the lead blocker. All cj had to do was follow Freddie through the hole. I think chan will be very creative again this week to get both these guys on the field for immediate Mis matches. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing the game plan for this week. San Diego showed the pats* are beatable as long as we don't turn the ball over, I optimistically see this as a close game that can go either way.

Well, Spiller sure looked good in his runs against Oakland. I like the threat and change of pace with Jackson. Want to see more of that. As far as moving Spiller out to wr/slot, I have my concerns about him learning that shift in the time available. Recalling the Fitz had a Wonderlick score of 48, he is one of the smartest guys in the league. Spiller, however, had a 10, one of the lowest scores in the league. So, it is unlikely that he could make a quick shift here. Just my concern about this idea.....

-1 I like Nelson as the starter in the sLot.

We can spread out Roscoe when he gets back and CJ in situations.

Nelson clearly needs to be on the field more. I don't care where CJ or Roscoe were drafted. We need the best man for the job and that is Nelson.

There is plenty of room for Nelson in the spread to work the middle and he could split time with CJ in 3-receiver sets. Roscoe is not going to get back anytime soon and when he does he will just trip over a blade of astroturf and injure something; not that I am against guys in the NFL that have the size and build of middle school children, but they have to be tough as nails to play with the grown ups.