Week 3: A Letter to Coach Gailey

Coach Gailey:

Tonight I finally got around to watching the NFLN special "A Football Life" featuring Bill Belichick. I'd ask you to draw your attention to the :17 minute mark where Belichick is preparing for his team for the Bills game. Coach Bilichick pointed out the lack of enthusiasm of his team and said it's time to "Show the Buffalo Bills this a football team. It's not just a bunch of guys running around in the same jerseys. This is a football team and for 60 minutes you're gonna have to deal with us and it's going to be a long night." And of course the show proceeds goes on to show how the Bills lost the game 25-24 on the last minute fumble by McKelvin and Brady drove the field to win the game. Patriots win and celebrate. Bills fans feel horrible and that game set the tone for the rest of the season. Worse, Leodis has bad things spray painted on his lawn.

The point is this....the losing stops this week. Shows this film to your team. Show the footage of bad things happening to Leodis and how the Pats celebrated. I'm happy for you and your team. You have proven a lot of people wrong and I wish you all the best this year but this losing to New England has to stop. THIS week!

GO BILLS!!!!

I adamently disagree. You don't show this to your team. If they go watch it for themselves, fine. That was a different team, with a different coach. I see nothing good from rehashing that painfull loss, and throwing Leodis under the bus would be the worst thing Chan could do.

THE WINDS HAVE CHANGED!!! WE ARE MARCHING FORWARD!!! DONT LOOK BACK BUFFALO!!!! GO BILLS!!!

I adamently disagree. You don't show this to your team. If they go watch it for themselves, fine. That was a different team, with a different coach. I see nothing good from rehashing that painfull loss, and throwing Leodis under the bus would be the worst thing Chan could do.

THE WINDS HAVE CHANGED!!! WE ARE MARCHING FORWARD!!! DONT LOOK BACK BUFFALO!!!! GO BILLS!!!

I agree to not show them this game. I'd rather Chan show the bthe Raiders game where we whooped on them 51-3. Or the Comeback game against the Oilers. Give these guys winning attitudes. They won't personally take anything away from that NE loss because most of them (McKelvin not included) weren't on this team then and wouldn't care. Just show these guys clips of fans storming the field, carrying the goalposts around the stadium. People partying like crazy during the Comeback game, climbing fences to get back into the stadium. Show these players what it's like to be part of something special. Make them WANT to beat the Pats. Make them want to get this town rockin again. Male them want to prove to the rest of the country that the Bills are for real and were not going to lay down anymore for anyone.

GO BILLS!!!!

Agreed completely. You put the past behind you. You tell the team they are not "THE Pats" anymore. We have a young, fresh team and a lot of the guys arent "used" to losing to them. We have guys like Merriman and Barnett who know how to play good teams.

I think Chan needs to get these guys ready to stake THEIR claim in the AFC East, finally.

MOVING FORWARD!! ITS OUR TIME NOW!! GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

The difference between this team and the past 15 in a row that have lost to the Pats is that this one knows it's good and truly believes that they will beat a very good (yet still flawed) Pats team.

All Gailey has to say is "the Patriots are here…they think they're better than you, you think you're better than them, nothing will matter but the final score…let's go."